Chapter 8: Escape The Rulebreakers Wrath

A/N: Thank you for continuing your support for MHS! Voltarius, as you may know, is the ninth month. And Seventile is the 10th.

This chapter is dedicated to AwesomeMustaches. Check her story out too. Just as the name says: it is "Awesome".

Please vote after reading. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 8: ESCAPE THE RULEBREAKERS’ WRATH

-RIGIDIER-

A knock, or a more correct term, a banging sound, came from my door. It is nearly the first hour of the morn and somebody is already alive. I take off my blanket that is wrapped around me tightly and wore my slippers and proceeded to the door, feeling dazed from weariness. Suppressing the feeling of weariness, I choke it down to reveal my early visitors.

I open the door and find Alex, Rose, Earl, Jean and Hyacinth, panting heavily.

“It’s a long story.” Alex says, before I could ask the question. “Have you heard the legend of the school’s hidden chamber?”

“Yes. Why?” It is awkward at first.

“I hate it when you answer a question with another question.”

“Yes isn’t a question.”

“We have no time for rivalry for the both of you, dim wits.” Jean timidly requests.

“Whatever the lady wants.” Alex comes in and ravages through my clothes and picks out something for me to wear. Well, I don’t know if he remembers it, but Alex usually does that to me.

My eyes suddenly stop at Jean. Those blue, cold eyes of hers. I could stare at that face forever. Maybe my figurativeness is exaggerated a bit.

"Why are you staring?" Jean yells---- at me. Her voice is as calm as the night’s winter snow. I flush, was I looking at her? When I do that, some girls think I look assaulting.

"Well, sorry!” I suddenly, out of stupid-ness, I guess, begin to fluster my next words. I don’t usually fluster. It doesn’t go with the definition: ‘Awesome’. “I was---, I was---, er---” I think faster and thought of the very first word that comes out of my head. “ABSENTMINDED! You know---er…"

"I don't care! Just quit it."

Over at the back, the rest seems to laugh at Jean, although, Alex and Rose are specifically amused to me.

 “Tell me the legend as we proceed to the Nightlock Building, just west of this cramped shack. Oh,” Alex added thoughtfully. “Here is your stuff.” And those stuff are my clothes and swords and magical items I carry in case of emergencies.

After yawning, I half-said, “….This is going to be a long night.”

 ----------

Seventile 1, 2024

1:24 a.m.

21st Eon: Moderaina Periodica

----------

We are currently in the Nightlock building. A group of unused rooms filled with ghosts and banshees, if Fate has been nice to you. This particular building is blessed by the 4th Early Disciple of Negima, G.

On our tails are the Rulebreakers. They have about 50 to 102 years of experience in magic, fighting, and scaring off children; all of which, they excel at with resiliency. And on this side of the ring we have: