Chapter IXX

Warning! This chapter contains descriptive gore!

The night wasn't pleasant to say the least, the inn was uncomfortable, filthy and the girls kept hearing strange noises from the room, presumably rats.
So when morning came, naturally both were grateful, they would part from here as soon as possible and needed to make sure to not catch the attention of anyone until they were finally away from Arthur.

They paid the innkeepers and headed towards the train station, fortunately, they didn't have to sneak through a hole this time, neither did they have to deal with a suspicious looking man spying on them the entire ride.

________

"So that's where she ran off to?"

"Yes boss, I'm sure it's her"

There in that dimly lit room sat Arthur. Dark bags under his eyes, his already messy hair even more disheveled than usual and an animalistic grin on his face.

If it weren't for the way he dressed and his position, someone would have already confused this man for a psychotic murderer.
Not that he wasn't one.

He pointed his gun at the man claiming to know where his beloved _____ was.

"You do realize the price you'll have to pay if this just ends up being a pointless goose chase?"

The man gulped.

"Y-yes. I'm sure of it, it was that woman, _____."

BANG-

The man let out a blood curdling scream as thick red blood gushed out of his shoulder.
He gripped it tightly while looking at the man sat in front of him, fear evident in his dark brown eyes.

"Don't you dare say her name with your filthy mouth you fucking rat."

If the man had the chance to, he would kill that bitch that had brought hell upon them all and then the devil sitting in front of him. Arthur was a scary man, especially to his underlings but ever since that wench entered the picture he became calm, kind even.
Everyone thought that it was the end of their suffering, that the cruel Arthur Kirkland had changed but that woman had to run away, didn't she?

The moment news of her escape reached Arthur he became worse than ever before, there wasn't a day that someone wouldn't be tortured by him.

The man glared menacingly at Arthur.

"You don't learn, do you?-"

"-That was me being merciful, I could have easily killed you yet I only shot your shoulder, you should be grateful you bloody git."

The man started to back away as Arthur came closer and closer to him. Until he was only a couple of inches away from his face.

He held his face with his left hand as the other one travelled to his right eye.

"Did no one ever teach you to respect your superiors?"

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!"

Arthurs finger dug into the man's eye as he screamed and cried for mercy, begging for forgiveness.

He twirled his finger in his eyes socket as blood trickled onto his face.

Staining the already tarnished carpet.

Only a few people knew about Arthur's inhumane actions but unfortunately, most didn't care.

Every upper class noble family had its dark secrets so this wasn't something they could really judge about so everyone just accepted this as him doing his job.

As Arthur finished his eye he threw the man onto the floor.

"I think I should throw the trash out before things become too much of a mess, don't you think?"

"You wanted to kill me, didn't you?"

"I'm grateful you helped me gained such information about my wife, that's why i'll give you a swift death,be grateful I'm not torturing you to death."

"No! Please have mercy, I have children and a wife, I can't afford to die! Please have mercy! I'll remain forever loyal to you but please let me live! My child is sick, that's the only reason I willingly did these things! Please, I'm begging you!"

"Well then, I'll just send them to the grave with you."

Tears cascaded down the man's single eye as he begged the detective.

"No, please, please-!"

BANG-

There laid the man as his final tears slid down his cheek and his eye now lifeless stared at Arthur, his mouth hung agape as his breathing seized.

The remaining blood in his body flowed out of his forehead where the bullet had pierced through.

"Oi! Butler!" Shouted his murderer.

"Y-Yes, my lord?"

"Find where this wanker's family live and get rid of them, make sure to make it seem like an accident, I don't want to deal with his vengeful family members."

"Yes, I'll get straight to work."

"And get me a train ticket."

"To where, master?"

"Switzerland."