Chapter XVI

Narrator's P.O.V.

Annabelle and _____ reached France in a few hours. The journey was a little overwhelming, the feeling of being caught at any moment, the drunk men they had to avoid, it was all completely new from the life _____ knew but luckily, she had Annabelle to guide her through her journey.

"M'lady, do you by any chance know how to speak French?"

"Well, I can understand a bit of it and speak some here and there but nothing special, sorry I can't be of more use here."

"No, no! It's completely fine! Let's get going, shall we?"

_____ hummed in response ads she started to follow the maid around, in search of the train station that would get them to German.

As they walked around they were met with a small crowd of people, they were all crowding around a slightly obese old man as he held out a paper.

"Let's get closer and see what that's about, Anna." Said _____.

The former maid reluctantly followed _____.

"We're looking for this woman, whoever finds her will be rewarded generously by Sir Arthur Kirkland!"

That was all _____ had to hear to discreetly pull Annabelle back and make a run for it, going and far from that location and possible.

"Is he already on to us?"

"I'm not sure [Fake/Name] but we need to get away from here. Let's ask someone to the way to the train station, we need to hurry and get out."

......

After asking around for a while in her broken French and Annabelle great sense of direction, they both headed towards the train station, on the way there, they met on or two other people announcing your disappearance.

You tried your best to avoid eye contact with them and tried to blend in the crowd as much as you could.

Annabelle's P.O.V.

We were entering the train station but before we could enter I saw that they were doing an inspection.

Everyone that was entering the train station had to go through a thorough inspection before going through. Damn!

"M'lady, they're doing an inspection, what should we do?"

It seems as if she was just as shocked as me if not more.

"What if we get caught Anna?"

"What if he finds me?"

"What'll happen to us then?"

She whispered.

"Please calm down, I'll find something..."

"I know, let's go around and look for an unguarded entrance or something to get in."

I added.

"Ok."

So after this, we got out of the line and started going around the train station.

In search of an entrance or some sort of thing to get inside the train station without getting caught...