Chapter IX

Narrator's P.O.V.

You have spent a month in the prison known as Arthur's house. The male often left for long trips involving his line of work but the way he guarded his home escape was impossible.

[Name] had been trying to think of a way to escape for so long yet she was kept on a far to tight leash to make this possible.

If she wanted to escape but she would have to go somewhere Arthur has no connections in and live unnoticed. It would be for the best. But where could she go, any area controlled by the British Empire would be dangerous and Europe itself isn't all that safe either.

[Name]'s P.O.V.

Russia, India and any of the surrounding countries are out of the question, so is America, what about Spain, The Spanish do have quite a controversial relationship with the English or North Italy perhaps? No, the mafia would get me. I can't risk getting caught by the mafia, those people would work for anyone if the price is to their liking. Africa, New Zealand and all of those are also not very safe either since the British have colonies there. Where can I go so this man doesn't find me?

While I was deep in thought I didn't notice the blonde male that looked at me slightly worried. I had been looking at the teacup for a while now.

"Love, is the tea not to your liking?" He asked slightly concerned.

I snapped out of my train of thought and quickly mustered up a reply.

"N-no, it's fine, I was just, erm."

"Just what?" He interrogated.

"I was just thinking, what type of tea is this? It's very nice." I said as a stuttering mess.

"Well, its one of my favorites, Earl Grey. I can't believe you like it too, we must really be soulmates!"

Yeah right, that probably all that left to happen, you both ending up being soulmates. Honestly it would be horrible.

"I'm rather tired, do you mind if I go to sleep early today?" You asked hoping he accepts.

"Of course, I'll have a maid take you to your quarters."

Narrator's P.O.V.

You can't say no, he would immediately suspect you were trying to escape if you tried saying that you were fine your own.

Soon a maid came into the room and accompanied you towards your shared bedroom. The servants here always looked down and never have you heard one of them speak, not even the gossip maids sometimes talked about when they were unsupervised. The just did their job quietly without making a single peep. Whenever you tried to talk to them they would always keep their heads down and would only nod from time to time. You were going to go mad if you stayed any longer in this place.

As you reached your destination, the maid bowed and left and you just plop yourself down on the bed and started thinking of possible escape routes.

It was almost impossible to think of a place where Arthur wouldn't find you. What about a remote island?

It would be hard to get out but maybe with some help ______ might be able to leave but the real question was, who would help her? She was in a house, living with her captor surrounded by loyal zombies that followed his orders mindlessly? Who would help her?

No one.

If _____ wanted to get out of here she would have to do it herself. But that too wasn't an easy task, this isn't just some love struck bloke, it was a world renowned detective she was talking about. He could probably kill an entire population of people and still get away with it.

If _____ knew this was the life that awaited her,  she would have gladly accepted her parents marrying her off to some men she never even heard about, at least like that she wouldn't have had to deal with this psychopath.

It didn't help that she had grown so paranoid that from the moment she woke up to when she fell asleep she felt as if someone was watching her. _____ wouldn't be surprised if she in fact was being watched.

"You look like you deep in thought, love. Care to share what's on your mind?"

_____ felt as though she just had a heart attack, Arthur appeared so suddenly that she could have sworn she felt her soul almost leave her body.

"Oh, Arthur, you scared me!" She said averting her eyes from the male.

The male just stared at her sternly.

"I thought we made it clear that you are to look at me I'm the eyes when we speak, darling."

Just the tone of voice he was using sent shivers through _____ 's body, she really needed to leave this place.

"I'm sorry, I've just been wondering for a while..."

"And what is it that you've been wondering about?"

"Well, what did you do so that people don't suspect my sudden disappearance?"

"Oh, you don't need to worry your pretty little head about that, your husband took care of that!"
The word 'husband' made _____ sick to the stomach though, as unfortunate as it was, she couldn't voice her feelings in fear of being punished by the male in front of her.

"O-Oh."

Just as you were about to wrap yourself in blankets, you were suddenly stopped by Arthur.

"Love, I believe you're not telling me the whole truth."

Suddenly, _____ felt her heart drop in fear.

"W-what do you m-mean?"

"You've been spacing out quite a lot recently. And when I ask you what's on your mind your answers are quite well formed but your body language tells me otherwise."

Arthur was known for having a short temper, but right now, he was well beyond mad, he was fuming in anger, what was on your mind, did you have someone else in your life without Arthur knowing? Were you trying to escape? Did you really dislike Arthur that much? Whatever it was, Arthur wanted to find out, he was willing to resort to less than savory methods to find out.