Chapter VII

I woke up in a soft bed and to no surprise, Arthur was lying next to me. He looked so peaceful when he was asleep. t was hard to believe he was the same person from yesterday.

I took a good look at his features, his dirty blond hair and is closed emerald green eyes. He wasn't wearing a shirt at the moment so I could see his chest.

He was surprisingly muscular as well.

"It's not polite to stare, love." He said as he sheepishly opened his eyes.

I just looked away. Like he doesn't stare at me.

"Now love, I told you yesterday that you should look at me in the eyes when I speak, did I not?"

I remembered the occurrences yesterday and in fear of whatever punishment he had in store for me, I immediately nodded and looked at him in the eyes. 

"Good." He then proceeded to get off of the bed and I did the same though not sure why I did.

"I'll have the maids come to get you ready, you'll need their help anyway, and once ready, please make me some of your tea. It calms me down."

I would have thanked him for the compliment but in this case, I could hardly avoid snarling at him.

When he left the room, two maids came in and helped you into a dress.

After I was finished they took me to the kitchen and gave me everything necessary to prepare tea. I'm surprised that even with all of these maids this perverse man still wants me to do this for him.

He lured me in just to show me how much of a monster he is.

I prepared the tea and started to slowly walk towards the room he was in. Arthur was reading a newspaper as I neared him I read the news title 'Famous opera singer _____ _____ quits in order to marry world renown detective Arthur Kirkland'. That was the last straw, he made people think I quit my lives work to marry him, that bastard!

"Are you okay, love?"

"Fine." I said as I poured the tea he had asked me for. I guess I might just have to get on his good side for starters. 

"_____, dear, is something bothering you." No shit smartarse, I have just been kidnapped and forced into quitting my job without even knowing it and you expect me to be all lovey-dovey?!

"Yes, I'm fine." I just picked up a random book from the shelve as a distraction from this monster.

"Ahh, that book is a classic, I think you'll love it, it's one of my favourite books." He said with excitement rivalling a child's in a candy shop.

"Could you not?" I asked annoyingly.

"Whatever could you mean, love?"

"I'm trying to read Arthur." It took everything inside of me to not give him some sassy retort and make him mad.

"Ah, my apologies love." He said rubbing the back of his head as he picked up the delicate china containing the warm liquid.

"I don't know how you do it, love, but your tea is always so amazing." Now I regret not poisoning it.

I just glared at him hoping that he got the message. I'm trying to read.

" *chuckle* I'm sorry love."

It's hard to believe that he's the same man from yesterday.

After this I continued to read the book while I waited for lunchtime, as much as I hated cooking for this bastard, it was the only time he wasn't around me so I used it wisely. I spared him a glance from time to time just to see what he was doing when I was met with a document with quite some familiar names.

"What are you doing with my families files?!" I asked in a slightly loud manner.

He just looked u to me giving me an innocent and surprised face but anyone that had seen this side of him knew that this face was anything but innocent, it just hid the devilish intents he had.

"I just wanted to know who your family members were, I think I have a right to know who my wives family members are, just to make sure, alright, love?"

I'm guessing by wanting to know who they are the means that he wants to use them for future blackmailing. I just stared back with a bored face.

"Don't make that face love! It makes me feel bad about myself!" He said putting his hand on his forehead and making it seem as though he was about to faint dramatically.

"All the more reason to do so, don't you think, dear?" I said with venom dripping from the last word. It was really hard for me to not choke on those words, it felt disgusting to call him that.

"I think those complements need some more work."

"And so does your acting."

He just laughed at this, I'm lucky I'm good at acting and fake smiling, this will make it easier to get on his good side. All I have to do is gain his trust and then 'BAM' I'll escape. I can go to m friend Elisabeth's place and I could get a disguise there, from there on I can create a fake identity for myself and live far away from this madman.

"Say, _____, could you sing for me?"

"No." I said plainly.

"Oh? Is there a reason m' lady refused." He said in a playful tone. You bet there is you little prick!

"I'm just not in the mood." I said trying to avoid conflict.

"Can I ask you another question, love?"

"Fine."

"Can you play any instruments?"

"Obviously, I can. I'm an opera singer but I am required to know how to play at least two instruments. I can play the violin and piano and also some other similar instruments such as the cello."

His eyes widened as he got off from his seat and directed me to follow him. I complied and got off from the comfortable chair I was once in. We walked through the endless hallways of the estate. I took this as a chance to admire the fine artwork that decorated the mansions plain walls, as well as the fine craftsmanship on its furniture.

We continued walking for a few more seconds until we reached a door, it was large and had beautiful designs adorning it. Arthur then smiled with satisfaction as he opened the door.