Chapter III

When they both entered the hotel room, _____ and Arthur had a little argument over who would sleep in the bed and who on the couch.
"Arthur, I really don't mind sleeping on the couch."

"Don't worry love, you'll be fine here, I don't want you to feel uncomfortable on the couch."

"Realy I don't mind-" Before the girl could finish her sentence the male put a finger on his lips, signaling her to be quiet and then hugged her making her forcefully drop to the soft bed, then he covered both their bodies with a fluffy blanket and just stayed there.

_____________________

Arthur's P.O.V.

Today was the big day, I was going to propose to her, I have been alone for too long and if she doesn't accept then I'll have to use some more 'drastic measures'.

While I was reading the files of some case I was handed I decided that it would be a good idea for me to go see the police station in this city, it probably has more information about its towns citizens and I can take advantage of that to find some information about other people that bothered my love, this way when I leave I can ask someone to do the deed for me, and I won't have to get my hands dirty.

"Arthur?" I heard my angel say.

"What is it, love?"

"I was wondering, do you want to go for a walk in the countryside? I wanted to go see it."

Perfect, this gave me the perfect opportunity to propose.

"Okay love but, you have to wait here for me while I change, I'll be back in a second." She hummed in response and went back to doing what she was originally doing.

I changed into something more appropriate for going out and slipped a small velvet box in into my coat pocket.

_____________________

We both walked out and into a carriage, I gave the driver some instructions and we were on our way.

"So, _____, do you mind if I ask you a question?"

"Sure!"

"Have you ever thought about settling down?" I asked blushing slightly.

"I- erm, well I have but I've never been so interested in this sort of stuff, I mean sure children are cute but I don't think I want to leave everything I've been working so hard on for these past few years just because of love." She said with a straight face.

After that, I decided to change the subject and just calm her down. I gave her some hints about what I wanted to do today (propose to her) but she was just too oblivious to my love.

This was bad, I can't have her denying me and going out with someone else now can I?

When the carriage finally stopped we both came out and started walking around. We even found a pretty meadow filled with flowers, _____ made me a flower crown, I want to treasure that for the rest of my life.

It was starting to get late so we decided to go a small tavern there, before going there I stopped _____ in her track and got on my knees.

"_____, I've wanted to tell you this for a long time, I've always liked you. The way you're so caring and always smiling. Whenever I was down you would come into my life and make everything better so will you, please be mine?"

_____ looked at me with a straight face, I know what's coming up now.

"Arthur, I really do like you, I mean, I love you but I don't think I really want to settle down just know, I want to continue singing and traveling so I don't think I'm ready yet, I'm sorry if I don't make sense!" _____ bowed her head apologizing.