Chapter XXI

Both women ran through the streets Of the city. Bumping into people more often than not. Receiving yells in the language they couldn't not understand. But they couldn't stop, they needed to get away from Arthur.

That had to get away from Arthur.

Both knew that if they failed, they would not get another chance, Arthur would not let them. He was by nature a paranoid man so once he caught them, he would make sure than the thought of escaping didn't even occur to _____ and Annabelle, Anabelle would be killed.
The maid knew, and accepted the fact that she could be killed by this man, in fact, even right now she thought her death was confirmed.

The only reason they were running was because she couldn't bring herself to stop, if she was going to die she might as well up a fight but in the end she couldn't avoid the unavoidable.

"Run faster!" Shouted _____.

Arthur was on their tail. He wasn't close enough to grab them but he was close enough to cause _____ to run faster, not once releasing Annabelles hand.

"M'lady he's going to catch us eventually, if we go willingly he might go easy on you!"

"But what about you?!" Shouted ____ between gasps as an attempt to catch her breath.

"You've brought us so far, do you think I'm going to let you go?! Let that bastard catch me, I don't care, but i wont allow him to hurt you!"

"Now run you moron, I can literally smell the murderous intent he has!"

"Get back here _____!" Shouted Arthur, he should have brought his men along to catch you. That would have made this so much easier. He just couldn't stand the thought that another man would look at you, touch you. He'll have to reconsider.

"Anna, I think he's not following us anymore."

Until They reached a dead end. They reached a sketchy alleyway, thinking they could hide there, _____ and Annabelle ran towards it but they were soon stopped by a group of men. They were all gruff looking townsfolk.

They were saying something but neither _____ of her former maid could understand their naive language. That is until they started trying to get close to _____ or try to touch her in 'certain' areas. One was about to touch her when a gunshot was heard and his hand suddenly started gushing with crimson blood.

It sprayed all over. The men immediately got scared and ran away but now _____ had to deal with an even greater problem.

"I'd stop there if I were you, love."

"Fuck off!" Shouted _____, she was tired of Arthurs bullshit at this point and wanted nothing more than to strangle him to death.

"Tsk, tsk, It's only been a few days at most and look at what the world has done to you, such profane words shouldn't be coming out of a lady's mouth."

"And I think I know who the source of the problem is."

He said as he pointed his gun at Annabelle, more specifically her forehead.

"Don't you even dare think about that Arthur!"
Said _____ as she one stood in front of Annabelle covering her from anything Arthur could do.

"Ahh, it feels so nice to be able to hear you say my name after so long love."
"But seeing you defend a bloody maid from me really makes me angry."

Before Arthur could even blink ______ and Annabelle were running in the opposite direction.

The ran through some smaller allays to be greeted by a Main Street. They were finally out of that shady area.

"Come back here!"

As they were running, a bullet suddenly pierced through Annabelle's thigh, since she was running behind _____ she took the damage.

A blood curdling scream same out of her mouth.

"Annabelle!" _____ could only hope the wound wasn't too deep.

____ immediately picked Annabelle's petite form in her arms and started running. The street was filled with carriages running at full speed. They had to be extremely precautious if they didn't want to be run over by one.

They were fortunately able to get to the other side but Arthur wasn't as fortunate. He was running mindlessly , he paid no mind to the bustling street or the stares he was receiving from onlookers, all he wanted was to catch you.

His mind was filled with rage and countless emotions and before he could even register what happened.

A carriage came running at full speed. The carriage suddenly stopped and people started gathering around the body. _____ took this chance to get away. She immediately took Annabelle to the nearest hospital she could find. The treatment was quite expensive but that didn't matter as of right now. All she was worried about was her friend. Fortunately the bullet didn't hit any fatal spot. The doctor had to write everything and even make some drawings for you to understand, it was an awkward and tiring conversation but he was able to make you understand.

"Thank you." Said _____ as she bowed.

"[Fake/Name] i think we'll have to leave this place as soon as possible. We still can't be sure that he's alive."