Chapter XIV

Narrator's P.O.V.

"So here's the plan m'lady." Announced the maid as she secured the door to the library shut.

"The young master is going on a trip to Scotland, and he won't be back until a week or so and all the servants usually just mind their own business and don't think too much of this..."

"...since I'm allowed to go to town and buy groceries or things I need on my own, I'll head out and buy train tickets to the farthest place from here."

"Isn't the train station outside of town, it's really far away, how will you reach it in time without arousing suspicion if your taking the servants carriage. Isn't the man that drives the carriage also one of those goons." Added _____ as she sipped tea, frustratedly.

"Yes, that's why I'll ask a friend of mine who lives in town to buy them and then I'll return the next day to fetch them."

"Isn't that also suspicious, going to town one day and returning there the very next day?" It wasn't her place to say but _____ 's pessimistic remarks were starting to tick Annabelle, though she understood why she was so paranoid.

"Well, then I'll just say that I bought the wrong product."

"Okay, proceed, I just hope Arthur doesn't find out."

"Then, the day were doing that, we will steal the servants carriage and run to my friends house, she'll give us disguises and get us a carriage that'll take us to the train station..."

"... from there, we'll go to Worthing,in West Sussex."

"Annabelle, are you forgetting that he practically owns the underworld, and he also had enough connections in the polite society to ensure escape as impossible. And have you also noted that if we get caught, he'll kill you ad make sure I'm not capable enough to walk on my own two feet ever again."

"I know m'lady, this is a risky plan but we'll have to do with what we have. I don't have much money so I can only take you so far, we'll have to..." Annabelle pursed, hoping you got what she meant.

"Steal?"

The maid just nodded, embarrassed at what she was getting at. Stealing from her own master, just what was she getting herself into.

"Well, after we do that, we'll get on a ship and head towards Iceland."

"What'll we about my appearance, most people know who I am and they would be perfectly happy to reveal who I am to Arthur for a pretty penny."

"I know, that's why we'll have to be extra careful, m'lady."

_____  just nodded as she stared into the liquid inside her cup.

Was this going to work?

Would she finally be free?

Would Arthur find her?

What if he did find her?

Well, that last question was quite easy to answer,

she'd be dead.

"M'lady, I know you're worried but please trust me, he might be a detective but he can't do anything if the culprit doesn't leave anything behind."

"I know but, we have to keep in mind he's not any detective, he's the detective Arthur Kirkland."

"You called love?" Chills ran down _____ 's body as she saw the previously mentioned male, standing at the doorway of the library with a cup of tea and a sly smirk.

"N-no, were just talking..."

He gave her a questioning glance before saying:

"I assure you, I made escape impossible from this place, so don't even try, love. Unless you want to face consequences."

Arthur saw the expression of distress on your face, written clearly as beads of seat rolled down your face.

After the male left, both you and the maid looked at each other.