Chapter XV

Narrator's P.O.V.

You both smiled, Arthur might have been a detective but _____ was an actor. In the opera, singers often had to act the role of certain characters and someone of _____ 's caliber certainly would excel in this.

"Now that we've done that, it's time to put the plan into work." Said Annabelle as she walked out.

It was hard to believe that this was the same _____ that was at the brink of madness a few days ago. But somehow, Annabelle managed to get her back on her feet.

......

It was tea time, today, Arthur was going to be coming back from his trip. Annabelle had made her two rounds to her friends house but never once had _____ attempted escape, something that baffled the people who were told to keep an eye out for her.

Though no one was complaining, it made their job easier.

But little did they know, their lady was about to put her real plan into action. The one she had planned with Annabelle was just a distraction, knowing full well that Arthur was listening.

The servants were busy making preparations for their masters return, which meant that it was time for _____ to make her move.

The maid excused herself from the kitchen and ran towards the indoor garden, where her mistress was waiting for her.

_____ didn't have a coat since Arthur hardly let her go out so she was wearing one of his coats. She had also managed to get a good sum of money from Arthur, without the male knowing, of course.

"M'lady, let's go."

She instructed _____.

"Okay."

The first floor entrance was left unattended as most of the servants rushed from the back entrance in the kitchen for conveniences' sake.

Since _____ hadn't done anything yet, the servants had relaxed and where paying less attention to her and were more involved in their chores.

Annabelle gently pulled the door and took _____ 's hand as they went out.

"This was easy." Added _____.

"The servants may not act like it but they're humans too, m'lady. Sir Arthur warned them about our plan but since you haven't done anything yet, they're guard is down. Arthur may be a world renowned detective but his servants aren't." Said the maid.

"Now let's hurry."

_____ nodded at the last remark as Arthur would be back in less than two hours.

......

It had been half an hour, you were now finally in town, you knew that Arthur's servants were familiar with Annabelle's friends house so you had just bought some basic accessories worth a few shillings to disguise yourselves instead of going to anyone's house and used some others you brought with you from the mansion.

Now you two had to get to the train station in time. Hiring a carriage would be risky so you had to go walking. It was raining, neither of you were prepared for this but it didn't matter.

It was three in the afternoon, you were a few minutes away from the train station.

You were both pretty sure that Arthur was almost back, you'd have to hurry.

"Were here." Said the maid lightly.

"Right, let's get on the train as soon as possible."

In a matter of minutes you were both on a third class train, headed towards Brighton, from where you'd have to figure out where to go next.

𝐌𝐘𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐘 | 𝘺𝘢𝘯!𝘦𝘯𝘨𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘹 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें