Chapter XVIII

_____ was nervous, as her maid continuously looked at her and then out the window next to her seat.

Fortunately the man that had previously been watching then had been fooled. But for how long? _____ asked herself.

The journey was long, treacherous and nerve-racking, but, somehow, _____ and Annabelle made it.

As the train slowly came to stop, people started whispering louder and louder. Hurrying to get their belongings before exiting the transport. The man that had been watching them had finally diverted his attention elsewhere permanently.

After exiting the train both girls rapidly completed the necessary procedures and exited the station.They could not believe that they had finally gotten away from the monster known as Arthur Kirkland.

While there was still a little voice in the back of_____' s mind telling her that he was on his way, reminding_____that he could still find her, that she was not safe, that he would eventually get to her. Creating a sense of paranoia, but _____ chose to ignore it as she was too happy at her current achievement.

After they had both calmed down, they headed outside, in search of an inn that could provide them shelter for the night as they waited for their next voyage.

Their search began as they walked around, trying to communicate with the locals with what little knowledge they had.

"This time, we'll be going to Switzerland, m'lady.-"

Said the former maid as she walked with an arm linked with _____'s.

_________

After a while of awkward conversations and strange hand gestures, Annabelle and _____ were finally able to find the inn where they would spend the night. It was a small and old building, there was nothing special about the other than the fact that it was in the shady parts of the city. Not the most adequate place for two young women to be at, especially at that time.

But it would probably be the safest place to hide from Arthur, this inn was extremely hidden,  not purposefully but no one really came here as most headed towards the more 'reliable' ones.

As the last rays of sunlight dimmed and vanished, the females headed towards the inn. The owners were an elderly couple, which only made asking for a room an even more time-consuming job.

__________

While _____ and her former maid were busy trying to ask the owners for a room, Arthur Kirkland was in his office. Endless mountains of neglected paperwork surrounded him as all he could think about was _____.

'I should have never allowed that bloody maid near her' He thought as he drank a cup of tea.

'Once I find you I'm going to make sure I break those pretty little legs of yours, love'
He said as he gritted his teeth at the thought of his precious _____ talking to other people, other men.

Arthur's thoughts were consumed by _____.

He was going to make sure _____ never even thought of the outside world once he got his hands on you.