Chapter 4 Black Coffee

Virgil sat at his usual counter waiting for Roman to come in as usual just to make his job ten times harder.

The cheerful redhead ran through the door, tripped over a chair, and fell into the counter. When he looked up, his hair was mess and there were dark circles under his eyes.

"I'd insult your makeup, but I relized they were just the bags under your eyes." Virgil grinned wickedly, but a flicker of pity went over him for a second. He shook it off. "So what complicated ass order are you getting today?"

"Just black coffee." Roman panted as he sat down.

"You okay Princy? You don't look too good." Concern washed over Virgil as he looked his frenimy up and down.

Roman looked up and a sob escaped his lips. Virgil looked around and saw that his Co-worker Jo was sleeping and there was no one else in there, so he quickly took off his apron and took Roman into the bathroom.

He grabbed a paper towel and wetted it down then used it to clean off Roman's face. "What happened?"

"I-i-i got fired." Tears poured down his face.

"Hey, hey, you'll be okay." Virgil tried, but comforting people wasn't usually his forte. The two had grown closer of the course of the movie night, but they were only just becoming friends.

Roman shook his head. "And my dog Genie is now sick and I can't pay for her medicine. My brother lives on the other side of town, and would never help me."

Virgil thought for a second. "You could move in with me, and I could help you with your dog." He said quietly, waiting to be rejected.

"I couldn't do that to you Virgil..." Roman sniffled.

"It's okay. How about you spend the night, and we can figure this out tommorow okay?" Virgil was enternally panicking. He was usually the person no one noticed, or regretted meeting.

Roman nodded. "Okay..."