Chapter 30

A/N: A question from your dear author: Are you loyal?🤔

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Mayu's P.O.V

"Need a helping hand?" I turned around and looked at the person with a small smile.

"Sure!"

A small smile appears on his face and pats my head. He grabs few rations from me and starts giving it to the other kids.

I stare at him for awhile, seeing how he is interacting with the kids and the elders, it's sweet.

"Keep staring at me sweetheart, and I'll start blushing" He smirked at me.

"Yah~ Jae-Ha!" I chuckled at him, punching his shoulder softly.

He smiles and looks back at the kids who were eating happily.

"I wish I could raise them.." I said.

Jae-Ha puts his arm on my shoulder and pulls me closer to him. "We can raise them together. I could be dad and you could be the-

"Don't worry, I can raise them ON MY OWN" I said, emphasizing those last three words.

He just chuckled and put his arm around my shoulder. "Of course you can, you are a very capable woman"

I smiled at him: "thank you"

"By the way Mayu, can I show you something?"

•••

"Can I open my eyes now, Jae-Ha?" I sighed. He told me that he will bring me to this mysterious place only if I close my eyes. He covered my eyes with his hands and I could feel his breath near my neck.

"I swear if you bring me to a brothel I will-"

"Don't worry gorgeous, that's not the place" He said and I could sense that he was smiling.

"Now open!" I felt his hands uncovering my eyes, and I see..Kija and Yona.

I glared at Jae-Ha. "Wow that's something I've never seen before!" I said sarcastically.

"No need to be sarcastic gorgeous..Even though it makes you more attractive" He smirks and I rolled my eyes.

"It's one of my charms" I said. He just stared at me with this unreadable expression on his face.

"So this is what you actually wanted me to see?" I asked him ad I point towards the couple I've been shipping so hard.

"No, I just wanted a reason to get closer to you" He winks at me. A vein popped on my forehead. My fist was about collide with his face but as I saw a smile appear on his face, I stopped.

"Forgot that you were...into that" I shivered in disgust as I walked away from him.

•••
"Sister, sister! How do I look??" A little girl comes towards me, showing off the outfit i just patched up for them. They were wearing old clothes so the least I can do is patch them up and add a little bit of colour to it too.

"Beautiful!" I smiled as she gave me a toothy grin.

She runs back towards her friends as I look at her in awe.

"Why did you leave me behind?" I turned around to see Jae-Ha pouting.

"Cause I knew you would find your way back to me" I smiled softly.

He was just staring at me like before.

"Jae-Ha? Come back to this world Jae-Ha?" I waved my hands in front his face and he finally said something: "Do you even realize what you said? You should be held responsible for giving me a heart attack" He said, grabbing my hand, bumping his forehead with mine.

"Yah, Jae-Ha, you'll get murdered fast if you keep doing stuff like t-this!" I stuttered, feeling embarrassed.

"I am willing to get murdered just for you"

"...don't say that...that sounds very weird" I said pushing him away, giving the judgemental look.

"Oh well, hello Hak!" Jae-Ha said, waving at the person behind me.

I slowly turn around and I see Hak just standing there.

"Oh Hak, is there something wrong?" I asked him.

"Yoon needs your help with food at our camp" He says.

"Oh, okay, well I'll get going" I said to Jae-Ha as I walking past Hak.

Hak stops me and whispers in my ear "I need to talk to you about something later"

I nodded as I walked past him, going where Yoon was.

•••
"Mayu!" I heard Yona calling out my name while I was talking to Yoon about what should we make for our group today.

"Hm?" I said, looking at Yona.

"Ao! Shin-Ah can't find Ao!"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••