//Chapter 26//

Mayu's P.O.V
"Where is Yona?" I asked the squad.
"She went for a walk" Hak answered.
I nodded and Hak slowly walks to me.
"We still have a long journey ahead of us, huh?"
I smiled: "I guess so"
—-
I went to find Yona and saw sitting on an edge, looking at the stars.
I slowly sat next to her and looked up st the stars.
"Sometimes..." She started off.
"I wish I was more attentive" she said.
"I was so ignorant before and I feel like I still am" she said as I listened.
"I never knew the real world was like this"
"You were always in the palace. Of course you didn't know." I said and she just sighed.
"I never did talk to people outside the palace. They've always praised my Father, but...going out...I've heard many painful things about him..."
"It's normal since everyone has a different perspective. Beside, a king isn't always loved by all. He had to sacrifice things to gain something else." I studied her expression. She looked so confused and lost.
"You've grown quite a lot Yona. You've changed in a good way. Whatever decision, we are here to support you." I smiled softly.
"Now, let's go back. Everyone is waiting" As I stood up, I saw Ik-Soo walking towards us.
"I'm just gonna have a little talk with you" He said. I look over to Yona and she just stood up and left Ik-Soo and I alone.
"Don't worry...I've already talked to her about it." He had a smile on his face as I arched an eyebrow in confusion.
"It's been long you haven't talk to King Kosuke, right?" He asked.
"Yeah, he just appeared once." I answered. He just hummed.
"King Soo-Won....is he someone dear to you?" He questioned, making me look at him with wide eyes.
"He was..." I said.
"What do you actually want to talk about Ik-Soo?" I asked and he chuckled.
"About Princess Yona" he said as he looked up in the sky.
"Do you think she is ready to take back the throne?"
"Not now, she isn't ready to face Soo-Won yet." I answered.
"I'm also not ready to face him yet." I said truthfully.
"I see..."
"Ik-Soo?"
"Hm?"
"What do you think will happen? Like in the future..." I asked him, hoping he would answer but he just smiled and ruffled my hair.
"See for yourself, Mayu."
———The next Morning——
Everyone was sleeping peacefully except for Yona and I. Yona woke me up and wants me to teach her swordsmanship...Actually, I am the one who wants to learn swordsmanship, I just dragged Yona in this. Anyway, the thing is...I have no sword. She told me to take one from Hak. I look over my shoulder and saw Hak sleeping soundly. I went up to him slowly.
"Quickly Mayu! Before he wakes up!" Yona whispered.
As I had my hand on his sword, he suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me closer.
"What are you doing, Mayu?" He said as I chuckled nervously.
"G-Good morning Hak..."
—————
"You want to be teached swordsmanship?" Hak asked Yona and she nodded slowly.
"And you asked Mayu to steal a sword from me?"
"I didn't steal! I was just borrowing it!"
I retorted.
"There is no way I'm giving my swords to thieves. I am going back to sleep" he said, about to leave.
"T-to be honest, it was Mayu who wanted to learn Swordsmanship!" Yona said, making my jaw drop.
"I-I just wanted to try it too 'cause it might be useful!"  She added as Hak glared at me.
"You just stabbed me on the back" I mouthed to her and she just smiled and left Hak and I alone.
"Why do you want to handle a sword? You can use your martial art moves to defend yourself" Hak said.
"I want to be stronger. I can't just depend on my martial arts skills. I want to become stronger so I can defend all of you." I looked at him and he just stared down at me, mainly because he is super tall.
He doesn't seem to be fazed, so I've decided to push a little bit further.
"You love me don't you? Then teach meeee" I cupped his cheeks.
"Were you trying to do this before?"
I looked at him confused: "what?"
"Were you trying to kiss me in my sleep but you acted like as if you were taking my sword?" He teased.
"No! I actually-"
"Look, you have scratches on your face. You should take care of your skin" he said, leaving me.
I pouted: "I have to find someone else then"
———-
"Shin-Ah! Who taught you how to use the sword?"
"Someone I knew a long time ago" he answered and I smiled.
"Can you teach me?!" I asked and he nodded.
—-
I was swinging the sword everywhere, but I knew there was something wrong.
"Am I doing this right?" I asked Shin-Ah and he just stared at me.
"It's way harder than Martial Arts!" I whined.
I tried again but I ended up cutting myself.
I groaned slightly in pain. I look at my hand and saw blood dripping. I didn't care, I need to practice.
"Anyway, Shin-" Shin-Ah took the sword from me and ran away.
"Shin-Ah!" I called out and sighed.
Who else will teach me?
I look around and spotted Kija.
No way, he won't help me. He will most likely be against it.
"Mayu?"
I turned around and saw Jae-Ha.
"What did you do?" He had his arm crossed, looking at me with pure amusement.
Maybe he can teach me...
I look over to my side and saw Hak was too busy fishing.
"Jae-Ha?"
"Hm?"
"Come this way for a bit" I said, pulling him somewhere else but I ended tripping on something and falling on top of him as we fell on a bush.
"Ooo...is it a secret rendez-vous that you want? I will be glad to keep you company" he said, getting closer.
"It's not that you dumbass!" I stood up.
He smiled mischievously. "What? It's not my fault. We didn't finish our first date when we first met" He said and I just sighed.
"Do you have blades?" I asked and he opened his vest, showing every type of blades he has.
"Yeah"
"Oh...okay then...Can you teach me?" I begged him.
"Hak doesn't want to teach me, so can you keep this a secret?" I said.
"I think I have an idea why. He cares for you-argh" Jae-Ha was getting strangled by Hak who was using his fishing rod to strangle the poor guy.
"Stop spitting nonsense" Hak said, a dark aura surrounded him.
"Let him go Hak!" I said and he lets him go.
"Thank you, my dear, we shall continue our rendez-vous afterwards" Jae-Ha said, running away.
"Why you-" I grabbed Hak's hand, stopping him from leaving.
"You have no choice but to teach me, Hak"
"Oh really? What's in it for me then?"
———————————————————-