Chapter 32: Acceptance Bitches

Ashlynn's P.O.V
•••

"Bill, bill, bill, College application thing." I closed my eyes and held it to my chest. Hoping to be accepted. This is the college I wanted to go to. I held it tightly, sighed then started to open it.

Sliding it out, a smile grew on my face.

ACCEPTED. I squealed with happiness.

"What?" Ember asked. I handed her the application thing. "Oh my gosh! That's awesome! Are you going to tell Max?"

"I'll tell him tomorrow after school."

"Okay. You're going to have to leave him until you have time to go home. Are you going to be okay?"

"Thank you for reminding me," I said sarcastically. "I don't know." I put my head in my hands.

Ember comes over and starts rubbing my back. "It's going to be okay. It's going to be okay." She repeats.
•••

"I'm sorry Ashlynn," Ashlie says sadly.

"Why are you apologizing?" I said with Max by my side.

"Because I was being such a bitch to you, lately over the stupidest thing." Ashlie seemed to be staring at Max. Great. "I just want to be friends again."

"Why? You hate me?" Max puts his arm around my shoulders and pulls me closer.

The bell rings for the third period.

"I'll talk to you later Ashlie." I smile.

"Okay." She says sadly.

I headed to my Science class. Max was also in my Science class.

We quickly grabbed our seats just as Mr. Alexander walked in.

Without saying a word he starts writing on the board.

I reach into my bag an pull out my blue notebook the started jotting the notes down.

"Okay. We will be starting a project today."

I rolled my eyes. Great.

"You will have partners for this assignment. I will choose them for you." He grabs a box full of little slips of paper.

I tensed up and crossed my fingers please be someone I know. Please.

"Devon and Sam. Justin and Jordan. Veronica and Jessie. Max and Ashlynn..."

I lose my tension. Thank god. Partnered with my boyfriend.

"And Kathleen and Michael." Mr. Alexander finished.
•••

The rest of my classes just went by in a big blur.

I quickly texted Max to meet me on the bleachers behind the school.

I sat there for two minutes or so.

"What's up?" He says hoping into the bleachers.

I gave him a sad smile knowing I wouldn't be able to see him for a while after summer.

I grabbed my bag and took out the college application thing and handed it to Max. He smiled then looked away. A sad look in his eyes. He looks back down at the college application.

I sighed. "I love you," I said leaning my head on his shoulder.

"I love you too. Ashlynn." He kissed my forehead.

We just sat there in thought for a while until I decided I should go back home to Embers.

I said my goodbyes to Max and left.

As I started to walk around the corner of the school I looked back Max didn't move he just stared forward.
•••
Max's P.O.V
•••

Ashlynn's leaving. I will get to see her again. Just not for a while.

I tear streamed down my face. Yeah, I'm crying.

"I'll miss you, Ashlynn," I whisper to myself.

She won't be leaving until after summer. Thank god she's not leaving sooner.

I grabbed my bag and jumped off the bleachers.