Chapter 28: Band posters, guitars, drums and doors

Ashlynn's P.O.V

•••

My eyelids fluttered open. Looking around I saw band posters, a guitar, a drum set and a door that probably went to a bathroom. To be honest, Max's room was very messy and very large. I look over to see Max still sleeping. So, I get up and Went to the shower.

Then got dressed and walked out of the bathroom.

"Hey." Max's sleepy voice said.

"Hey."

"You're up early."

"Yeah. So are you." I laugh and sat on his bed.

"Okay. I'm going to get dressed. Don't come in." He laughed. I looked away from him when he got up and he shut the bathroom door.

"Sure thing," I mumbled.

The familiar vibrate of my phone went off. I grabbed it. The name written on the screen was blocked. Weird. The only person I blocked was my dad. Why the hell is he calling.

I pressed cancel. No way am I answering his call. It rang again. Again I pressed cancel. It rang again. This time I pressed answer.

"What do you want?" I asked in annoyance.

"For you to come home." It was my mom.

"No. Where's dad?" Not that I care.

"In jail. For abusing you." Dang.

"How long?" I heard the shower in the bathroom turn on.

"2 years."

"Wow." Thank god. I was going to say but didn't. "Why do you want me to come home?"

"Because I-" She pauses. "miss you." I could tell by her voice she was lying. "Where are you?"

"Still it's a no. Why would you care? Max told me you just sat there when he told you to help. Yet you didn't move. You told him that you didn't trust him cause he knocked out your husband. And he told you that he did it to save me but you didn't reply."

"That was a mistake." She said.

"You don't love me do you?"

"I-"

"Do you?" I interrupted her.

"No."

"Thanks for the honesty mom," I said and hung up.

The door to the bathroom swung open. Max was wearing jeans and a white T-shirt. Drying his hair with a towel he said: "Now what?" hopping on his bed beside me.

"I don't know," I said leaning my head against his chest.

***

We sat there for a while and chatted. Until we decided that we would go out for breakfast.

We headed out and he opened the garage door in the garage was a motorcycle and his black car.

"Which one?" I ask.

"Motorcycle." He said grabbing the keys off a hook. Oh no. I thought to myself. "Do I have to?" I asked.

"Yes." He said and grabbed my shoulders. "You will be fine."

I sigh. This is going to be fun. I thought sarcastically. He handed me a motorcycle jacket and I put it on. Next, he put the helmet on my head and buckled it up after that he put his leather jacket on plus his helmet. "Hop on." And he started the engine.

I hoped on and held onto him tightly. The breeze was cold not freezing put cold.

•••

After a while, I looked up. I got more comfortable on the motorcycle. It actually wasn't half bad.

We finally arrived at the diner. Max parked the motorcycle and I got off then he put the kickstand down and helped me take my helmet off. We walked into the diner and took our seats. The waitress came over and asked what we wanted.

"I'll have the home cut fries and some scrambled eggs please," I said.

"Okay. And you?"

"I'll have the same as her," Max said.

"Okay. I'll be right back." The waitress walked away.

Max smirked at me and raised an eyebrow. I slapped his arm.

"Ow." He said rubbing his arm. "I was joking."

"Sure you were." I laughed and rolled my eyes.

~December~

I have sent out all my college applications hoping I would get accepted to at least one.

Yes, it's Christmas Eve day! Yay! I have bought Max something it's deodorant. Amazing gift right? (Note the sarcasm) Oh! and I bought him a tuxedo! Just joking. I bought his sister Kacy the Divergent book and The fault in our stars book and I bought Ember Chocolate. She loves chocolate.

I lock my door and start wrapping peasants. To Max. Lots of love, Ashlynn :). The next one was to Kacy. To Kacy. Love Ashlynn :). The last one was to Ember. To Ember. Love your awesomely awesome non-biological sister. :P and I stuck on a 'do not open until December 25' sticker on all of the presents.

I finished wrapping and set off to deliver. I put Ember's present under her neatly decorated Christmas tree and travelled back to Max's. I sneaked in since no cars were in the driveway and the garage door was open. I quickly put the presents under the tree and ran out closing the door behind me.