Chapter 5

I wake up to a phone call. "What do you what?" I begin walking down the stairs.

"Runaway with me?" he said. I stood there speechless. I thought of it for a while as I was making cereal.

"No, are you insane? I'm not leaving with you! What about food? Our family's? My life? I don't trust you. I've known you for what? A week?"

"Your family doesn't care for you. right?"

"Yeah, sort of, I can't just leave; what is wrong with you?"

"Then run away with me?"

"What about food?" I repeated.

"I'm the slender man Ashlynn. So I can get food." He laughed.

"Just because you say your the slender man doesn't mean you can do ANYTHING. Well, anyway, maybe I should think about it. I'll see you tomorrow with my answer."

"fine..." he sighed. I hung up and found my dad standing there with his arms crossed. "Who was that?" He spat at me.

"Max," I replied.

"You're planning on leaving, huh? You think you can get away with that? He walked up to me and picked me up by the shirt, and threw me down, "what is that on your neck?"

I touched it, remembering what happened last night, "it's nothing-"

"You whore!" He slapped me.

I cried out in pain.

He picked me up again and threw me at the wall. My head hit the wall. Hard. I fell down onto my knees. My head was pounding; I couldn't concentrate on anything. He gave me one last kick in the face, and he knocked me out.

Max's P.O.V

I walked up the steps to Ashlynn's house to apologize for what happened. I knocked on the door.A man opened the door, which I assumed was her dad.

"Hello, Mr. Johnson, is Ashlynn home?"

He seemed nervous. "No, she is at her friend's house."

I broke eye contact to glance at my feet, but I spot someone lying on the floor; I don't know who it was as I only saw their feet. 

I pushed him to the side. "Ashlynn?" I checked her pulse. She's alive. "What did you do to her?" I stood up, but he was quick; he grabbed me by the collar and pushed me to the wall.

"Let me go!"

"Don't come anywhere near my daughter!"

"Like hell!" I shove my thumbs in his eyes, and he screams. He drops me and turns as he covers his eyes.

I grabbed his shoulder spinning him around, and punched him right in the jaw. He coughed up blood. I gave him the last punch, and he was out cold. His mom stood there not saying a word, and she looked like nothing ever happened. What about teleporting? No, it's broad daylight; it's too risky.

"It's all right, your going to be alright. Can you drive us to the hospital?" I asked her mom.

"No, she's fine, and you just knocked out my husband."

"I just saved your daughter from your abusive husband." I dialled 911. I can't believe that I forgot.

"Hello 911, what's your emergency?" the operator asked.

"My-my, my friend got beat up by her father; she's out cold."

"Okay, don't move her; what's the address?"

I told him the address.

"Okay, is she bleeding? How's her heart rate?"

"The back of her head, and it's faint, but it's there,"

"The ambulance is on its way, sir."

After a while, I heard the sirens. I ran out the door, "She's in here!"

They run-in with a stretcher, they placed a neck brace on her, "On my count," one of the paramedics says, "1, 2, 3," They lift her onto the stretcher, "again, 1, 2, 3" and they lift her up and take her to the ambulance. They allowed me in the ambulance, hopped in the ambulance, and they drove off.