Chapter 12: Confession

Ashlynn's P.O.V

Summertime.

It feels like there's a giant hole in my chest. I miss max so much. I wonder if Max and I are still together? or even are together. I still want to be together but its hard to like two guys at the same time.

The paved road I was walking on turned to packed down dirt when I felt someone grab my hand. Max. I thought. It was Jason. who turned me around and kissed me. He pulled back. "I'm sorry," he said. I noticed he had blood on his shirt. "I-I-I think I like you."

"I like you to Jason. but don't you know I'm with max?" I look away. "ish."

"Yes." he sighed. "I just couldn't hide my feelings for you. I thought you and Max broke up because well... you guys haven't seen each other in a while."

"Well, it's complicated." We started walking down the dirt road. We talked about random stuff.

"Well, Can I tell you a secret?" I asked Jason.

"Anything."

"Well, Max, he's the slender man."

Jason stopped walking. "And he didn't try to kill you?"

"No... He loves me and I love him-ish but I also like you and as I said its complicated." we walked back home in silence it wasn't an awkward silence it was actually a comfortable silence.

When I got home I got a text from max.

I think we should break up.

You broke up with me over text. How dare you. I didn't even know we were dating.

I'm sorry. I saw you kiss Jason like a half an hour ago.

You stalker.

After that, he never texted me back.

•••

The next day.

Jason's P.O.V

I really do like Ashlynn. I liked her the first time we met. I just didn't have the courage to tell her.

"What is on your t-shirt?" Ashlynn asked holding up my stained white t-shirt that was lying on my bed.

"Probably BBQ sauce." I laughed.

"Ew," she said throwing it onto my bedroom floor. I laughed again.

"So... have you seen max yet," I said plopping onto my bed beside her.

"No. But he broke up with me over text." She said as her eyes started to water.

"That jerk! No one should break up over text. I'm sorry he did that." I said putting my arm around her.

"Thank you." She smiled and hugged me.

"You know I'm always going to be there for you," I said smiling.

"Yes." She said laying her head on my shoulder.

"Good," I said.