Chapter 31: Guys with hair, well thats nice

Max's P.O.V
•••
I woke up. It was only a dream. Wow, what a weird dream. Why would I have a dream that has to do with Sebastian turning me and Ashlynn into pink and green angels? And Sebastian was never my best friend. Was he? Why would he be my best friend? Whatever it was just a dream doesn't mean anything.

The familiar buzz of my phone went off. It was a text from Ashlynn.

(A=Ashlynn. M=Max)

A: I just had the craziest dream.

M: Me too. What was it about?

A: Well, you know that guy... With the hair...

M: Witch one?

A: Sebastian!

M: Oh yeah... Well, there are a million guys in this world with hair ya know?

A: Yes. He was in your house when I walked in... And then all the sudden I had pink wings and you had a lime green wings... And we both high fived and said Watermelon!

M: Wow. That's weird that's the same dream I had.

A: Oh yeah and he was your 'best friend'.

M: Yeah I had the exact dream. But more to it.

A: Okay.

M: But not much though.

Once I sent that there was a knock on the door.

Kacy was up in her bedroom doing whatever she is doing so I got up and answered the door. The snow was almost completely gone.

It was Sebastian.

"I'm sorry Mathew. For what I did."

"Why are you apologizing? You don't even know me and I don't know you." I start to close the door but he puts his hands up to block it from shutting.

"I know you more then you think. Max. I'm your best friend."

At that, my eyes went wide. "I'm not dreaming am I?" I lean in closer to him like I'm telling him a secret.

"No. This isn't a dream. Slap yourself in the face if you want to. I swear to you that this is not a dream. You are my best friend!" Sebastian's voice rose. "My uncle-"

"Yeah. Yeah." I waved a hand at him. "I had a dream. Your uncle. 'Keith'. erased my memory so you could put the curse on me. Blah blah blah blah blah. And let me guess you're an angel too?"

Sebastian nods slightly.

"Well, that's nice."

"How'd you know all that?"

"A dream?"

"How'd you get the dream?"

I make a confused face. "How am I supposed to know?"

Sebastian shrugs.

"I just thought-"

"Hey..." Ashlynn's voice trails off. "What is he doing here?"

"The dream is true, Ash."

Ashlynn smiles. I guess she likes the nickname.

"That means... Can you give me wings?" She says jumping up and down.

"No. I'm sorry I can't do that." Sebastian laughs.

"Awe." Ashlynn wines. "So you were Max's best friend?" She says.

And Sebastian nods.

"Are you sure?"

"I swear on it." He says holding his hand to his heart.

"Hmm. Fine. We will start over. Everything over. We will start off as friends." I say and Sebastian nods.