{Chapter 8} I Am Not Just Your Little Puppet

You stood against the wall now on the other balcony with your arms crossed. You hadn’t spoken a word since Kankuro kissed you; you had just silently walked away and now stood with your two siblings and your best friend Naruto. Everybody had seen what happened, but no one spoke a word. Adira looked at you uneasily and you just stared ahead at the fight that had already started. Your sister sighed and walked over to you, placing her hand on your shoulder.

“Its okay... you can relax. You’ve got Takeshi and I, plus Naruto.” You turned your head to face your twin. Even though she seemed extremely calm, you knew she wanted to beat the crap out of Kankuro. You smiled softly and walked forward to lean against the railing and look down at the fight that just ended. It was Shino against Zaku from the sound village. You watched the board where the names of each contestant changed rapidly in a random order, then stopped on Kankuro’s name. He was fighting a guy you didn’t know that you assumed was on the same team as the leaf ninja Sasuke fought. Kankuro was smirking, that was just like his usual cocky self. As soon as he was on the fighting floor, he took off his mummy thing on his back, and held it beside him. He and the other ninja shared a few words before the leaf ninja wrapped his limbs around Kankuro. It was like his arms were made of rubber because they wrapped around him like noodles, stretching out unnaturally. You’re eyes widened as you heard the guy say something about squeezing Kankuro until his bones broke. Leaning forward you saw him squeeze harder and harder until there was a very loud ‘snap!’ and Kankuro’s head fell limp. You covered your mouth in shock and you, Adira and Takeshi were frozen in place. All of a sudden his head turned all the way around to face the leaf ninja. His skin was chipping off and his teeth were scary looking.

‘What is wrong with him!?’ you thought and looked over at Adira and Takeshi’s horrified faces. Six long wooden arms shot out of Kankuro’s sides and locked around the leaf ninja’s body, and the mummy thing that was lying on the ground started to move. The white cloth suddenly exploded in a flurry of ribbons and appearing in the middle, holding the end of the cloth ribbon was the real Kankuro, smirking, unharmed and perfect. ‘But how did he do that..?’ Your thoughts swirled as you noticed very faint and almost invisible chakra strings attached to the thing that was imposing Kankuro.

“Oh, so he’s a puppet master.” You heard Takeshi mutter to himself. You stared down at the puppet that Kankuro used and eventually made break every bone in the leaf ninja’s body except his neck. You blinked a couple times as Kankuro was announced the winner of the round and he looked up to smile at you.

‘You have got to be kidding me...’ Your eyes fallowed Kankuro as he walked back up to the balcony across from you and stood beside his two siblings. ‘He’s the one I have to ask to train me..?’ You felt like falling over but just dropped your head instead. Adira and Naruto looked at you strangely then looked at each other and shrugged.

“Hey guys. Ready to fight?” You lifted your head to see Shikamaru and Chouji walking over. It was Shikamaru that had spoken and you and Adira laughed at his remark.

“Are you kidding me? Of course I am.” You smiled as Adira smirked in agreement.

“Well then why are your legs shaking? Looks to me like you’re scared.” Kiba’s voice rang from behind you. You glared in his direction as he chuckled.

“No I think she’s still all flustered from her kissing that sand ninja earlier.” Shikamaru said as the guys all laughed.

“Yeah sure that’s what it is.” You rolled your eyes and pushed Shika’s head to the side. You heard Akamaru bark and lick the back of your heels. “Ouch! No Akamaru that hurts!” You moved to the side as Kiba picked up his puppy and caught a glance at your heels.

“Shizuri... You’re heels have huge cuts on them. Is that why you’re legs are shaking?” Normally Kiba’s concern for your well being would have flattered you, but you really didn’t want anybody to know about your heels. Reason being, you didn’t know who you were going up against and didn’t want them to know your weakness. Now thanks to Kiba’s loud mouth, everybody heard that.

“Thanks Kiba.” You said sarcastically and sighed. Adira leaned back from your other side, holding onto the railing with one hand and hitting Kiba on the head with a flat expression on her face.

“OW! Hey that hurt!” he complained holding his hand on his head.

“Good. It was supposed to.” Adira smirked and stuck her tongue out at Kiba while he glared back.

“Careful or I’ll bite that tongue off.” He mumbled as Adira raised her eyebrows. Kiba turned his face towards her and snapped his teeth shut in a teasing way. Kiba and Adira had been pretty good friends for a while now and tended to tease each other quite a bit, but they were both too competitive for their own good and often got into arguments.

“Next fight is Adira Zama and Sakura Haruno.” We all heard Hayate shout. We hadn’t really been paying attention to the board.

“Sorry Kiba, we’ll have to finish this conversation later. I have to fight now.” Adira chuckled and jumped down over the railing while Sakura was walking down the steps. Another thing that Kiba and Adira had in common was they were extremely cocky when it came to fighting. Kiba stood beside you now and Naruto was on your other side.

“Oh no... I don’t know who to cheer for! Sakura is on my team, but Adira is my best friend!” Naruto’s eyes were wide and you raised your eyebrow.

“Well you already know who’s gonna win.” You stated nonchalantly as you heard Kiba chuckle. Naruto looked at you in confusion.

“I do? How do you know who’s gonna win?” You had a flat expression on your face and looked at Naruto.

“Are you joking? Have you ever seen Adira fight??” You decided it wasn’t worth trying to get Naruto to understand and just turned back to the fight. It began and ended within about 10 minutes. Basically Adira just teased Sakura for the first little bit to make it interesting but Sakura sped herself up using her chakra control and caught Adira off guard, punching her in the face. It pissed Adira off and she hammered Sakura into the ground with a swift kick in the face.

“Good job Adira.” You smiled as she came back up on the balcony to stand beside you.

“It was no problem. She’s so annoying though.” Adira didn’t even break a sweat. She went on in a conversation with Kiba and you just wondered why it was so strange that it had lasted this long.

“Um, where is Takeshi?” You asked. Adira stopped and looked at you.

“I don’t really know... He was here a while ago...”

“I think he’s over on the other balcony with the sand ninja.” Naruto mumbled while pointing across the room. Sure enough, Takeshi was over with the sand siblings having a nice cheery conversation.

“Traitor.” You muttered and crossed your arms.

“Ino Yamanaka and Shizuri Zama.” Hayate shouted for the next fight. You smiled, knowing this fight would be easy, and then jumped over the railing to land beside Hayate. Ino made her way slowly down the stairs and finally arrived at the designated fighting area. You made eye contact and smirked, making Ino glare at you.

“Well this should be fun.” You smiled with rainbow eyes.

“Why don’t you just keep quiet, slut.” You opened your eyes slowly and looked steadily at Ino as she stood there with her hand on her hip. Nobody dared to call you that.