{Chapter 2} I Am Not Just Your Little Puppet

Gaara's P.O.V

You walked down the road, fallowing where Adira left. You thought it was stupid, fallowing her that is, but you felt this strong urge to protect her. Maybe it was to save her for you to fight later, maybe she’d be a challenge and would make you truly feel alive if you killed her. Somehow, the thought of killing her didn’t please you. Either way, you kept fallowing her, down the street, then into some dark woods that didn’t necessarily look very safe, well, not very safe for someone who wasn’t as strong as you. That’s when you heard the screaming. Instinctively your limbs forced your body forward, going further into the woods.

Adira’s P.O.V

You stomped down the road and into the forest muttering to yourself.

“Like honestly? What the hell!? He’s such a freak and a total dick! SO rude and just blows me off like that!! Like, my figure isn’t THAT pathetic looking… is it? AGH now he’s getting to my head! Why am I so attracted to him!?” Your muttering turned into yelling and your voice had echoed then faded in the woods. You didn’t know exactly where you were, but you could find your way back. You felt as if someone was fallowing you, so you turned and held a kunai up.

“If its you Gaara I don’t want to see your face so screw off!” Your voice was flat, but a small amount of hysteria was rising in you. The bushes rattled and out came a guy that was hunched over with a grey jacket. He had a sound ninja headband on. You glared at him and held your kunai out to him. He chuckled softly and moved towards you. You rolled your eyes but noticed a girl on your left . She had long black hair and was also from the Sound Village. Your feet moved slightly to the right but another person stood there. Spiky black hair and Sound ninja headband. What was with these sound ninja? You backed up but found you were cornered against a tree. The hysteria inside you rose more.

‘Pull yourself together Adira, you can take them.’ You tried convincing yourself. It worked for a second until they came at you all at once. You could barely manage to not get stabbed and started screaming for help. Then everything stopped. It was like they were frozen where they were standing. You got up and saw Gaara standing beside a tree, holding his hand out to the three sound ninja. You saw their feet were plastered to the ground with sand. The sand curled up their legs and you squirmed away from them and towards Gaara. Just before you got to him he let the sand go and gabbed you, jumping off out of the forest. He finally stopped in the middle of town in an ally way. You looked at him in wonder.

“So you can control sand huh?” Your voice was quiet but you knew he heard you. He ignored it. “Why did you save me?” You moved your face so it was just inches in front of his. His head moved back a little in shock but he regained his posture.

“I don’t know. I should’ve let them kill you.” He mumbled, looking into your eyes. You smiled very softly, so that it was barely noticeable.

“Your hotel is just down the road on the right. Thank you, Gaara.” You stared back into his eyes and gave him a small kiss on the nose and disappeared onto the rooftops, heading to Naruto’s house, seeming as it was closer than yours.

Gaara’s P.O.V

You stood there in the ally shocked at the sudden kiss. You touched your nose lightly then headed off towards the hotel with Adira now stuck in your mind and wondering what this feeling was that you got whenever you thought about the kiss she gave you.

Sasuke’s P.O.V

You walked down the road in the morning sun, enjoying the nice breeze. You were going to see Shizuri now, and you were going to officially ask her out on a date. She would just have to say yes. A smile lit up your face as you watched two birds fly by, swirling and chasing each other, they reminded you so much of when both you and Shizuri were younger.