{Chapter 3} I Am Not Just Your Little Puppet

Gaara’s P.O.V

“Hey Gaara. You were out pretty late last night huh? What were you up to?” Temari asked you as she cleaned her lunch dishes. You looked up from the TV at Temari and shrugged.

“It was nothing” You looked back at the TV with no emotion, though ever since last night you couldn’t get that girl Adira out of your head. You touched your nose in the same spot that she had kissed you in the ally and smiled slightly. All of a sudden Temari’s face was right in front of yours. Your hand fell to the couch and your smile faded. Temari’s eyes went wide then she smirked and stood up straight.

“Looks like my little brother has a crush.” She laughed while rubbing the top of your head. You glared at her.

“Don’t touch me.” You snapped crossing your arms and looking away. “And I don’t have a crush on Adira. The only type of crushing I’ll be doing with her would be with my sand coffin.” You snarled grumpily as Temari sweat dropped. Just then, the door was kicked open and in walked Kankuro with that girl Shizuri in his arms. Temari ran over.

“Kankuro! What did you do to her!?” She yelled. You eyed Shizuri curiously laying limp in your older brother’s arms. Kankuro was exasperated trying to tell Temari what really happened. Shizuri did look a lot like Adira, her hair was just a little lighter and in pigtails instead of a ponytail. Other than that they looked exactly the same. Kankuro laid Shizuri on the couch beside you then brushed her bangs out of her face.

‘Why is he looking at her like that?’ You wondered and looked at Shizuri’s face. She looked so peaceful. ‘Does that mean Adira would look like that too?’ You thought. There was a knock at the door and Temari answered it. Now inside your hotel room was Adira with a dumbfounded look on her face. You stood up with a blank look on your face and walked slowly over to Adira. Her eyes shifted from Shizuri to you and were filled with delight. You stood in front of her, still blank, then lifted your hand in the air. Adira looked at it confused. You then brought your hand down hard in one quick motion and hit Adira in the neck. Her eyes widened then she passed out on the floor. You tilted you head to the side while looking at her face curiously. Both Kankuro and Temari’s eyes turned to large white circles while their one eye twitched.

“Hmmm...” You said thoughtfully.

“What the hell!? Both of you!!” Temari yelled. She picked up Adira and layed her on the other end of the couch. Then she grabbed you and Kankuro and sat you beside eachother in between Adira and Shizuri.

“Now stay!” She yelled and sat in the chair and watched TV. You sat there clueless to why you were being yelled at and stared at Adira. She did look just as peaceful, you were right. You had a strong urge to touch her face. You thought about it and copying your brother’s motion he did before to Shizuri, you brushed Adira’s bangs out of her face. You took your hand back and crossed you arms while glancing over at Kankuro who had his mouth hanging open.

“What are you looking at..?” You closed your eyes and ‘hmph’ed as Kankuro shook his head and watched the TV, glancing at Shizuri every two seconds.

Kankuro’s P.O.V

You were just walking down the hall to your hotel room and kicked the door open with Shizuri still in your arms. You saw Temari’s face flash in anger.

‘Oh no... here we go.’ You thought.

“Kankuro! What did you do to her!?” She yelled in your face after running towards you.

“It’s not like what you think it is Temari! She was chasing me because I messed with Sasuke’s head cuz I accidentally stayed over at Shizuri’s house cuz I got kicked out but went back for my hat and fell asleep beside her on the couch cuz she was wearing my hat then Sasuke found me there in the morning and I kissed her on the forehead cuz he likes her and is her best friend and so she came after me later and chased me into a classroom and almost threw a desk at me but some guy who had a huge crush on her said hey and she dropped the desk on her head so I took her here for you to heal her!!!” You said all in one breath frantically. Temari nodded and you breathed out looking down at Shizuri as you laid her on the couch. You brushed her bangs out of her face and looked at her softly. You could feel your younger brother staring at you and stood up. At that moment there was a knock on the door and in walked Adira.