{Chapter 10} I Am Not Just Your Little Puppet

Your eyes fluttered open and you could feel the warmth of the sun on your skin. Sitting up you looked down at your outfit. You blinked and stared at the very short, slightly skewed, white kimono. The red sash that had previously been tied around your waste was tangled with the blankets, which meant your kimono was hanging loose and slightly open, revealing your bright red bra. Your hair was messed up and make up slightly smudged. Just as you were about to roll out of bed, Kankuro opened the door and walked into the room. He froze and stared at you with a plate of eggs and bacon in his hand and a glass of milk in the other. 

“Well don’t you just look peachy.” He chuckled, closing the door with his foot and set the plate and glass on the nightstand and sat on the side of the bed. “How was your sleep?” He looked into your eyes and you blinked, remembering what happened the night previous. 

“It was alright I suppose. What time is it?” You rubbed your eye tiredly and ran your hand through your hair, making your kimono slip ever so slightly, revealing a little more skin. Kankuro stared at you and reached over slowly. You stared at his hand and you could hear your heart beating. His fingers lightly grasped your kimono and pulled it over your skin so you weren’t so revealed. You looked in his eyes and smiled, though his face was set with a serious expression on it.

“It’s 12:30.” He mumbled quietly and looked away. You squinted your eyes at him and wrapped your arm around his chest, pulling him down on the bed rather harshly.

“What’s up? You’re all serious and stuff.” You raised your eyebrow as Kankuro stared up at your face. Your hair framed the sides of your face and draped down like curtains around Kankuro’s. He smiled and rolled his eyes as you smirked.

“Hey are you two..” You both heard Gaara’s voice as he opened the door and walked in. He paused still holding the doorknob and blinked. “Okay I’ll leave you two alone then.” he muttered and you smacked your forehead. Kankuro chuckled.

“Well that is your own fault for pinning me against the bed.” He laughed and sat up making you glare at him. 

“That was not pinning you against the bed..” You started and grabbed his shoulders, throwing him back on the bed and actually pinned him against the bed with you fully over top of him. You dropped your head down and kissed him on the lips roughly taking him by surprise, but immediately got up and turned your back to him, smirking at his red face. “THAT was pinning you against the bed.” You chuckled evilly and Kankuro growled. 

“Well fine if you want to play it that way.” Kankuro got up and pinned you against the wall, kissing you in return, then stepped back and went to leave. “Why don’t you put some clothes on?” He smirked and closed the door behind him. You had a shocked expression plastered on your face while your cheeks burned red. Secretly you wished you had not kissed him like you did. You shrugged your shoulders and put on some clothes that Gaara had picked up from your house in the middle of the night. You picked up the plate of food and walked out of the room into the living room where you saw Adira mowing down her own plate of food. You chuckled and she whipped her head around.

“Morning sleepy head!” She smiled widely with her mouth full of bacon. You couldn’t help but crack up at your sisters awkwardness. 

“Morning.” You smiled and sat in between her and Kankuro, who was trying to hide the smirk playing on his lips. He was obviously failing miserably. You looked at him through the corner of your eye and blinked while biting a piece of bacon. Just then a door from the other side of the living room opened and a very tired looking Temari walked out fully dressed. She yawned and waved at you then headed straight for the coffee machine. You and Adira looked at her and Adira gulped her bacon down.