Chapter 28~Home is Wherever You Are

We trudged up the heaps of rubble that had spread around the room. I'm talking skeletons and carcasses and organs and excuse me while I puke at the memory.

*pukes*

Okay I'm back.

The walls were steaming with heat and the doors were melting in the rough ember air. Flames flickered in the shadows from the backlit torches. Ruby took a stick and poked the rubble, pushing aside skeletal remains of fallen heroes.

"We need to find the others."I yawned.

I had not slept for at least two days and food was a relish we were too stupid to remember.

"Lacey?"A voice said from behind.

I FUDGING HATE WHEN VOICES DO THAT.

"IF YOURE A BLOODY GOD, DONT YOU FREAKING DO THAT TO US YOU MOTHER CHICKENS."I yelled back.

"Yep it's you."The voice said.

Rachel prepared her dagger, when two people came out from the shadows. One was a tall blonde boy with crystal blue eyes and a flicker of light in his hands.

My idiot is home.

"ARGHHHHHHHH."I screamed, hugging him way too tight.

"Lacers. Can't. Breathe."He gasped.

"Whoopsies."I smiled, red.

I looked behind him to see another boy, and with that, my eyes flickered towards Rachel, who dropped her dagger to hug him.

"Marc. . ."She whispered.

"Oh smarty pants."He said back.

Ruby whistled awkwardly.

"How did you find us?"I asked, holding Peter's arm around me.

"It wasn't hard."Peter smiled, his hair flopped to the side."Chiron told the rest of us to split from Camp Half Blood, a bunch of us are heading to Camp Jupiter to try and create an army to take back the camp."

My stomach churned.

"So it's true."I swallowed."Camp Half Blood is gone."

Peter tucked a lock of my hair behind my ear.

"Yeah sunshine."He whispered."But we're going to take it back."

"And were going to do it with style."Marc added.

Rachel laughed.

"Okay..."Ruby said, looking away."Well...I think the beauty queen is right in saying we need to go find the others. Maybe than we can defeat the Minotaur and save camp."

As much as I hated leaving the quiet and for once calm arms of my boyfriend, she was right.

There are much worse games to explore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I believe that there's a common misconception that when a person meets his or her friends after a near death experience they will hug and comfort each other.

Not how it works with a bunch of crazy demigods who may or may not be psychopaths.

"DIE SHE BEAST."Kelsey screamed, launching her sword at us.

"HOLY SCHIST KK, ITS LEACY."I yelled back, shielding myself with my arms.

"Leacy bucket?"She said."You is friend, I is not going to kill you."

"That is good. Very good."I nodded.

"LITTLE SISTER!"Luke yelled, hugging me really hard.

He looked at me up and down checking to make sure I was okay, and then his eyes fell back to Peter.

"Hey there sparky."Luke said, coldly.

"Wattup beauty boy."Peter grinned.

"I'm a llama."Rachel cooed.

All eyes fell on Rachel.

"Shut up, it's been a heck of a day."She grunted.

"Okie dokie."I said."I guess that's it."

I pointed to a huge golden gate that made growling noises behind it.

"In Ancient Times, seven demigods went in as a sacrifice to the Minotaur."Rachel repeated.

"There's eight of us."Bridget pointed out.

All eyes fell on Peter.

"I hate you people."He said."I'll stay outside but if something goes wrong, I'm coming in."

I kissed him.

"We'll be fine."I reassured, walking up with the others.

"That's what they all say!"He shouted, as we opened the gates to hell.

This is it. Whatever happens now will change everything. The Minotaur roared at us, sending a massive sound wave through the walls and shaking our bones.

Everything that had happened was leading up to this.

The Kings lost son will have the final say in the end of all days.