Chapter 24~Into the Labryinth

White sand. Little grains of beautiful clean while sand that spread over my arms and stuck to my hair and legs. The salty smell of oceanic water that had clung to my clothes and the faint scent of burnt wood from the electric sized raft.

I love land.

Thank Zeus Im not a daughter of Poseidon that would be horrid.

Rachel spread out a map of the island as we sat down on the sandy beach.

"Here,"She pointed at a small red dot."Is where the Labyrinth is. From what Lacey said, Liam-"

"Luke,"I corrected.

"Luke,"Rachel continued."and Ruby should be there. We meet up with them and enter the maze."

Rachel looked up.

"Any questions?"

Kelsey pulled her hair to the side.

"So we just keep going in their direction and hope its right?"She asked.

Bridget nodded.

"Basically."

"What if wild cyclops attack us?"I asked.

"Yeezus Lacey, you can't just assume every land has cyclops, calm yourself."Rachel sassed.

I glared at her.

"Athena child got sass."

We trudged up the sandy beaches and muddy grass and moss in hope of finding the so far hidden labryinth. I missed home. With the sea so close, I remembered the fun we had at camp a mere few weeks ago.

 ❀

The first dance of summer. A tradition in Camp Half Blood between the "senior" campers where a boy would ask out a girl by tossing her a red apple-the ancient greek sign of love. Most of the Aphrodite kids used this as a chance to work their magic between crushes and even just to annoy people into dating complete idiots. I always took this as a chance to practice my newfound eyeliner talent since before all I could do was stab people and break their eyes.

Before you back away, know the Bridget used her Apollo healing powers so its not all my fault. 

...Stop judging me...

Anyways, on June 2nd all of the girls and guys spread around camp, each trying to find the perfect red apple. I sat, with a brand new Marvel comic, leaning against a tree and fangirling over Loki. 

"Hey sunshine."A voice said.

I looked up to see no one else then Peter leaning against the opposite tree with a jolly rancher in his hand.

"Hey idiot."I smiled."Whatcha' got there?"

He chuckled and sat next to me, leaning he said.

"I need your help. I like this girl a lot, but I don't know how to ask her out."

"Just be honest genius, if she's got any brains she'll say yes to the son of Zeus."I answered.

He smiled and cleared his throat.

"Well. . .if it's not too much to ask, will you, the famous Lacey Winters, allow me the honor of taking you to the dance?"Peter asked, his bright blue eyes looking at me.

He tossed me the Jolly Rancher.

"Green Apple."He winked.

 ❀

Ismiled as the memory faded. If I wanted to see him, or anyone really, ever again, I would need to make it home alive. 

Or to whatever home is now that Camp Half Blood is gone.

"Here."Rachel stopped.

I didn't know what to expect. Maybe a huge building that represented the cult of Greek society, a replica of the Parthenon, but whatever I thought was nothing compared to this. 

A huge modern steel block stood in front of us, with the light shimmering and radiating ever nook and cranny. The entrance was a massive golden gate that seemed to drown itself into the block. 

Alcatraz 2.0 if you ask me. 

"That thing was obviously made to keep people out."Kelsey said.

"And to keep the Minotaur in."Bridget added.

I scanned the area.

"Anyone see Luke or-"

"HOLY SCHIST LITTLE SIS, YOURE OKAY!"An arm hugged me way WAY too tight.

"Can't. Breathe."I gasped.

Luke smiled and let go.

"I missed you cupcake."He whispered, holding my arm.

"You owe me an IPhone."I said back.

We smiled.

"Ahem."Ruby, that super annoying demigod interruptted."I hate to ruin this revolting display of affection, but we should get going."

I really hate Ruby.

No offense Ruby.

But I hope you fall into Tartarus. 

I shot her a look and let go of my brother. He walked over to Bridget, kissed her on the lips, and then walked behind Ruby.

Smooth Criminal.

"I geuss we plunge into the Labryinth."Kelsay said, smiling at the dumbfounded Bridget. 

In my head, I heard the oracle.

Six demigods enter the Maze.

Four shall live in the days

Two will pass

One will fall

One will lead

And two will be lost