Chapter Seven~To Crete

"And then she talked about the weather."I sighed.

We sat around the old pool table with Chiron and Mr. D. The old fold out chairs were barely working and everyone was sitting in the most awkward positions ever. Not exactly a leading moment in history.

Chiron paced...or tredded in a sense...around us.

"It further proves my fears."He said.

Nic turned to face him.

"Your fears?"He repeated."I may not be a child of Athena, but if your afraid of something, we should be as well."

Chiron looked over at Rachel.

"Ms. Rachel, what do you know of King Minos?"He asked.

Rachel shifted uncomfortably.

"Well, Asterion, king of Crete, adopted three sons of Zeus, Minos, Sarpedon, and Rhadamanthus. Every nine years Minos would speak with Zeus."Rachel recited."When Minos's son Androgeos won the Panathenaeic Games the king, Aegeusl sent Androgeos to Marathon where he was killed by a bull. Minos went to Athens to gain revenge. He, with the help of Scylla, daughter of Nisos, killed the king. Minos killed Syclla and took over Athens. He asked Zeus to curse them and Zeus struck the city with plague and hunger. An oracle told the Athenians to listen to whatever Minos demanded. He said seven girls and boys would be sent to Daedalus's labyrinth and killed by the Minotaur in his name. But Theseus killed the Minotaur with the help of Ariadne, Minos's own daughter."

Kelsey, Bridget, Nic, and I gaped at her.

"I speak American-o."Bridget said.

Rachel blushed with embarrassment.

Chiron nodded.

"With all that's been happening, we have reason to believe Minos is returning. He wants to punish the Gods for ruining his fate and killing his Minotaur."Mr. D said, sipping his Diet Coke."What Lucy told us further proves our point."

"It's Lacey."I corrected.

"That's what I said."He turned.

"So what does this have to do with us?"Kelsey asked.

"Well, the seven they were talking about includes the five of you."Chiron explained.

"A quest?"I asked."You want us to go on a quest?"

"Yes."Chiron answered."Along with two other demigods."

"Who are they?"Bridget asked.

"Luke Devon and Ruby Ackerman."Chiron answered."A son of Aphrodite and a daughter of Athena."

"But what of the line, 'three will fall'?"I asked nervously.

Chiron smiled weakly.

"Ms. Winters,"His voice whispered."It's not right to dwell on sad thoughts."