Chapter Nine~My Mom Makes Me A Bird

Listen, to most kids meeting your mom is pretty normal. They do it everyday. They have moms that make dinner, spend time with them, etc. But when your mom is the goddess of love, family moments aren't something you want to miss.

Walking up the pavilion steps, I brushed my jet black hair to out smoothly. My nails were manicured, my lip gloss was still on and my mascara was fading but there. Not the worst way to meet your mom. Before knocking on he door, I took a deep breathe. My. Mom. Wanted. To. Talk. To. Me. I was either in a hella load of trouble or something was about to happen.

"Come in darling."She said, her honey voice ringing at the door.

I opened it slightly and smiled. Aphrodite had taken the form of a beautiful American model, but her features were clearer...prettier. She smiled at me lightly.

"Lacelia,"She said."I hear of this quest you are to go on."

I nodded and paused. "Mom...I thought you aren't supposed to interfere with my fate."

She laughed and looked amazing as always.

"I'm not interfering with your fate."Her golden eyes looked at me."This is a part of you fate."

She reached over and took my hand.

Her eyes glowed and her hand glowed on top of mine.

"Lacelia Winters,"She said, her voice hallow and easy."I, the great goddess Aphrodite, bless you with the power vested in me. To turn into the spirit of love whenever the need should fall upon you. "

She stopped and the glowing of her voice left and my hands tingled with new energy.

"Mom-what was that?"I asked, my voice shaking slightly.

She smiled."It's almost morning, you should look better."

With a flick of her hand, my entire outfit changed. I was in the long Greek dress I was claimed in and the gold circlets on my arms returned. My black hair was back in its curls and I smiled.

"Thanks Mom."

But when I turned to see her, she was already gone.