Chapter 3: Game Day

"O DOUBLE F-E-N-S-E, OFFENSE SPELLS OUT A VIC-TOR-Y!" the cheerleaders cheered as they sharply motioned in sync with the words. The game was packed with tons of Lancer fans; seemed like the entire school was there. I was sitting in the first row, closest to the cheerleaders hoping for Roc to see me with his day Jersey on. The score was 28-35 in the 2nd quarter. If they scored a touchdown, the score would be even. I watched as they were about to hike the ball to Chresanto.

"HIKE!" I heard the center yell. The ball went flying into the air and Chresanto jumped as high he could and caught the ball in the air. He dashed down the feild dodging the oppents and came closer and closer to the end zone when..HE MADE IT! I jumped out of my seat cheering for him! The crowd went crazy with me and the cheerleaders brought out this surf board. They lifted Alexandria on top of it and laid on it and went into the push up positon. The crowd yelled "1..2..3..4.." as she did 7 pushups representing the touch down. Then the speaker guy mannounced the touchdown for the slow people.

"Senior, Chresanto August, number 29 just made a remarkable touchdown!!!" The crowd continued cheering for him and he did his signature touch down dance and I giggled to myself. I stood up again and yelled "Good Job Chresanto!" He looked my way and waved at me. I turned around toward the feild to show him that I was still wearing his jersey. I turned around and he was pointing at me showing Ray and Prod. They said something to each other but I couldnt hear. But telling by the dap, it was positive. I sat down and some people were looking at me like I was from Outerspace, including some cheerleaders.

"What?" I asked the staring cheerleaders. They pivited thier feet and went back to there custom box they stood on during the game. A girl from the bleachers tapped my shoulder and I turned around. She was mexican and had hair a little past her shoulders. She had a nice smile and looked nice.

"Hi" I turned to her.

"Your Roc's girlfriend?"

"No..Im just his friend"

"Ohh..well Im Kenzlie, Jacob's girlfriend. Nice to meet you" she held out her hand and I shook it.

"I like your name; very different. I'm Audrey but people call me Drey"

"Nice to meet you too" I then noticed she was wearing a day jersey that said Jacob too.

"Haha your wearing Jacob's jersey! That soo cute!"

"Yeah-" The horn went off for half-time. "Wanna go down there with the players with me?"

"Yeah sure"

We stood and went down the steps onto the sideline.

"Why are you guys down here? Your not supposed to be down here." Alexandria spat.

"Girl bye" Kenzlie put her hand up to Alexandria and we walked past her.

"Whats her problem?"

"She dated Roc for 2 1/2 months. Shes been jelly of every girl he's been with since."

"Woow" We went over to the guys and Kenzlie immediately jumped into Jacob's arms.

"Baaabbby!!!" her legs was wrapped around his waist and her arms was around his neck."You did soo good!" I looked over and saw Roc drinking gatorade.

"Hey wassup pimpin' " I said to Roc like a hoodrat.

"Drey!" He hugged me then released.

"You did really good out there!"

"Thank you, thank you. Your coming to my party after right?"

"Yeah of course"

"Good. I see you and Kenzlie met."

"Yeah she seems really nice. How long has Jacob and Kenzlie gone out?"

"A year"

"A whoole year?"

"Yepp..they must really love each other."

"I can tell." I looked over and they were in between a kiss. "Its so cute though. I wish I had a boyfriend for a whole year."

"Yeahh me too" he smiled at me.

"Haha"

"Varsity huddle!" the coach yelled.

"Alright I gotta go see you later. Bye Drey" he gave me a quick peck on my cheek and walked away.

"Awwwww" Kenzlie teased as she came by my side. "You guys would be cute together! You like him huh?"

"Yeah just a lil bit" I blushed.

"Yeah right! You dont blush over someone that hard and not have a "little bit" of feelings for."

"Oh ok! Fine, I like him happy?"

"Estatic! Oh! Your coming to his party after?"

"Hell yeah!"

"Good, I wont be alone."

"Wanna go get something to eat with me?"

"Yeah sure"

We went past the cheerleaders again and to the consetion stand and got some food. We ordered nachos, soda, and candy and went back to our seats for the 2nd half of the game. As the game went on Kenzlie and I became really close. It also seemed like our lives mirrored each others. I had divorced parents, and so did she. I was Catholic and so was she. I was the only child and so was she. By the time the game was over, we acted like we we were bestfriends for years. Our team won the game, 63-56 and the football players were congratulated and applauded when everyone started leaving their seats. Once coach let them leave, Roc came directly over to me by the parking lot.

"Wassup?"

"Hey Roc! Nice game! 63-56!"

"Thanks now its time to paarty!"

"Ok Imma go home and change into something else. I'll see you in a few." I got into my car and put down the convertible. He came around to my door and leaned on it.

" Be safe on your way back ok? Its late."

"I will" I put my hands on the steering wheel and on the gas, about to back up.

"Wait and another thing!" I stopped.

"Yes?"

"...I forgot"

"ok Roc." I placed my hands on the wheel again.

"Wait and another thing!" I gave him a look.

"yes?"

"...I forgot.."

"Boy bye!" I pulled out and he waved to me as I drove off.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for the support! What do you think about the kiss? Comment, vote, and fan! AND pray for me to get into first choice for high school! :) I'm nervous guys...but Jesus is on my side! And for the next week or so I won't be posting cause ill be on vacation! Love you guys tho! #staymindless 1-4-3 -Ash