Chapter 11: Truth be Told

Thursday- Afterschool

I locked my car as Kenzlie and I arrived at my house for a study session. I stopped walking so I could pick the right key to my house. I couldnt help but notice some laughing and giggling so I looked around me and stopped. Then I laid eyes on Erin across the street playing with a little boy on a tricycle on the sidewalk.

"Hi Erin!!!!" I yelled across the street waving my hand frantically.

"Hiiii!" She replied with the biggest smile on her face. I looked both ways and jogged across the street.

"Hey baby girl!" I knelt down her level and kissed her cheek and she blushed shyly while giggling."You gonna introduce me to your friend?"

"This is Myles."

"Well hello Myles." I said flashing another smile.

"Hi..you're pretty..." Myles said.

"Thank you, you are really handsome."

"She has a boyfriend already!" Erin butted-in.

"Ewww!" Myles squirmed.

"You guys are too cute!" I laughed.

"Ohh heeyy Audrey!" Suddenly, Mrs.August walked out the house onto the porch with a pitcher full of Cherry Kool-Aid and cups.

"Hi mama August!" I waved.

"Do you want some Kool-Aid?"

"No, I'm fine thank you."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I gotta go study for finals."

"Alright, well go get some education."

"Alright Ms.August." I chuckled as I walked across the street. "Bye Erin and Myles!"

"Byee!" they sang in unison.

As I approached Kenzlie, I caught staring over there with a confused face.

Kenzlie's POV

"Oh shit." I thought. "This cannot be happenning."

Audrey's POV

"You ok?"

"Ohh-oh Im good. Just saw something werid."

"Alright." I past her and unlocked my door and entered.

I immediately threw my bag on the dinig room table and turned off the alarm. Kenzlie sat down her stuff too while taking out textbooks from her bag. I retrieved my laptop from my room and started undressing to put on something more comfortable.

"Audrey?" Kenzlie suddenly barged in.

"Woah!" I squealed from her sudden appearance. I stood there only in my bra and underwear as Kenzlie looked taken back.

"Oops. Sorry girl!"

"No, its fine. I just didnt know it was you." I dug through my dresser for grey sweatpants and a plain white crop top.

"Well look at the VS model! Heey! You really do have the right body for it!"

"Thanks."

"You should really consider it."

"I am. I just dont know." I stopped digging and examined my body in the mirror. I cocked my head to the side and checked out my thighs and stomach. 119. I lost 3 pounds just over 4 days of binging and purging. Just 9 more to go.

"Well you're pretty, nice, and have a bangin' body."

"Ehh.."

"Oh come on! I wish I had your body! Its perfect! And look at me, THUNDER THIGHS! What do you do to maintain your body?"

"I excersise and eat healthy." I partically lied.

"Tried that! Diets never work and I never have time to excersise." Kenzlie examined her body into the mirror as well. 

"Well I dont know what to tell you." I shrugged.

"Shit, it might be easier to become bulimic!" She giggled. Did she really just say that?

I just stood taken back. She has no idea how much that hurts to hear someone say that. Making it sound like its something easy to deal with. Making it sound fun. Like 'yeah Imma eat all of this garbage and then throw it up! Lets do it!'

"Thats not funny." I said strictly.

"You know Im kidding-"

"No I dont know if you're kidding! Its not something to joke around about. So many girls suffer from Bulimia and die from it. Dont do it. Once you do it once, you wont be able to stop. Trust me, I kno.." I preached while pulling on my sweats.

"Ohh..Im sorry. I didnt know you were that sensitive to that kind of stuff-waaait." Kenzlie's face slowly turned to sympathy.

"I've said too much-"

"Audrey, I-"

"No, no.. its fine." I lowered my head, clearly uncomfortable.

"Audrey." I slowly lifted my head. "You-you arent..bulimic..are you?.."

I sighed and rubbed my forehead. How would I say this?

"Please. You can tell me anything. Promise."

"If I tell you...please dont judge me."

"I promise." Kenzlie's eyes became sincere and I knew I could trust her. There was a sudden break in noise then I started.

"Ive been this way for 4 years.?

"Ohh Audrey..Im sorry to hear about that...If you need anything, I'm here for you. I got you."

"Thank you.." I softly smiled.

"And the bulimia remark was tottally wrong. Im so sorry."

"No, its cool." I pulled my shirt over my head and fixed my hair. "I think we need to focus on this Anatomy final right now." I softly smiled.

"Alright.." We exited my room heading to my dining room, my laptop in hand.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Comment, vote, and fan! Love every 1.7k of you guys! #StayMindless 1-4-3 -Ash<3