Chapter 4: 2nd Street

I slid my hotel key into the key slot and unlocked the door. I saw my mother on her iPad checking emails. She looked up at me and smiled.

"Hey Audrey." She looked back down scrolling down.

"Hola" I went into my room and picked out something good to wear. It had to be fun. Exciting...mysterious. I pulled out nearly every cute party dress I could find. Then the thought. Maybe I should go a little bit more casual...After 20 minutes of digging up every shirt or shorts I ever bought, I came to the decision to wear my studded high waisted shirts and black sweetheart neckline studded bandeau crop top. I threw on some Jordan's and grabbed my phone.

"Audrey. Come here."

"Yeah?" I walked back into the living room and I saw my new photos from my American Apparel add I did 2 weeks ago. " ohh my gosh! They came in!" The picture was of me in pants and scarfs playing in snow advertising their winter collection. "I love them!"

"Yep and the check came in too. $1200." My eyes lit up and all I saw was money symbols. "Eh eh eh. Plus the agent fee, manager fee, and some I advise you to save. So your really only getting $650."

"And? The new Jordan's just came out and I need more clothes!"

"You don't need another shirt, skirt, shorts, OR Jordan's! I looked into your closet today and it was full and shoes all on the floor. You had all these types of shoes: sandals, nikes, pastries, reeboks, vans, toms, Jordan's, and converse. If you bring another shoe..." She rubbed her temples.

"What can I say ? I'm a shoe-a-holic!" I said walking towards the door.

"hey be safe and be back by 1. I'll be up anyway packing."

"Why are yu packing?"

"Cuhs we're moving to the house tomorrow. Remember? you scare me sometimes..."

"Oh...right...well I gotta go. Bye mommy!" I blew her a kiss as I opened the door.

" Go have fun and be a teen." She looked back down at the iPad.

"Oh I will." I said closing the door behind me.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

I pulled up to a street called 2nd Street with small houses then spotted one with a little walk way leading to blasting music, full of teens. I parked my baby and walked to the walk way to see the entire football team, cheer team, and some other people grinding and twerking to "slow down". It was packed in there! There was nearly no room to walk! I squeezed through the ocean of people and saw some people cyphering and a whole crowd surrounding them like there was a fight. When I pushed past enough people, I saw some girls doing to J12. I laughed to myself. They did that back at home. They kept cyphering then I felt someone grab my wrist and I saw Roc with a red cup in his hand. Our smiles both appeared on each others faces at the same time. He leaned to my ear to tell me something over the blasting music.

"Glad you could make it. You look beautiful."

"Thank you. You look good too." I examined his black leather jacket and black pants with his studded belt. His hair was a nice fresh cut and the curls curled perfectly.

" Want something to drink?"

" yeah sure"

" Come with me." He grabbed my wrist and we moved against the crowd. After a little pushing and shoving, we made it out and headed to a table full of liquor. You had vodka, tequila, gin, rum, Hennessy; everything. "Do you drink?"

"I have before but I'm driving home so I gotta stay sober."

"Ok...ummm...do you drink soda?"

"Yeah. Do you have sprite?" He bent down and got a Sprite for me from the ice chest.