Chapter 6: She's Here!

2 Weeks later...

Chresanto's POV

It was officially known that Drey and I are an item around school. Once Drey and I started holding and kissing during passing periods, it became pretty clear.

Today Audrey was absent from school for a photo shoot for Tilly's. The day went on normally till after school came around and someone who I'm not the best companions, with caught my attention.

 "Hey Chres." Alexandria greeted, walking by my side as I tried to make it through the crammed quad of LA prep.

I sighed. Alex and I have had a past I don't feel like explaining. "Hi Alexandria." I replied not even making eye contact.

"Wassup with you?" Alexandria replied catching on to the fact I'm not in the mood to talk to her.

"Nothing. Hey I'm supposed to meet Ray at my car and I have tons of homework to do. Can we talk later?" I said half lying.

"Who pissed in your corn flakes? Geesh I just wanna talk to you."

"Don't you have cheer practice? Cheer season is in January you know." I finally stopped and looked down upon her; Alex is a few inches shorter than me.

"Listen. I know we aren't the best of friends, but I'm trying to make things better."

"What happened to, and I quote, "I never wanna talk to you again!"."

She stood there. Just stood there. Didn't expect that huh?

"I'm over you and I think our lives would be easier if both of us didn't speak to each other."

"You know, I was just gonna come over here to catch up to you and make things better, but you know what, never mind. " She rolled her eyes and stomped away, her long high ponytail swishing and our school color cheer bow propped up on top of her head. I rolled my eyes too and continued to my car. Once I finally made it, I found Ray at my car.

"Aye what took so long?"

"Alexandria." I unlocked my car and we both got in. Our seat belts clicked and I started the car.

"Not Alexandria, Alexandria-"

"Yes! Alex. Lexi! Yes!"

"Ahhh shiet! What in the hell does she want?"

"She just said she wanted to talk to me and I told her I wasn't interested." I got on the road and sped up to a good 60.

"Doesn't she know you and Audrey are together? I mean isn't it pretty obvious. You and Drey practically make out  before 1st period everyday!" I giggled at the truth. We kinda did.

"I don't even know man. All I know is that I'm with Audrey and anyone that wants to get in between that can fuck off. Whats mine is mine." I said in a little aggression. The car came to a stop and I sat in the seat thinking about my past failed relationships. I couldn't and I wouldn't let Audrey go.

Ray swung his head towards me. "Your in love." The sound of those words pieced in that sentence; so foreign.

I was stuck. Was i in love? Even if I was, I wouldn't recognize the feeling. But all at the same, my heart felt repaired from the hardships of previous relationships.I'm known as the player of the school and I'm not too proud of it. But nobody knows that/

"Man-"

"Come on dude! You love Audrey! You know shes different."

I smiled and paused. "And that's what I like a bout her...I don't have to put on a front or try to make myself better for her. She's..shes real man."