Chapter 5: Lovey Dovey

1 hour later...

"So your grandma hid all of your family recipes in a chest in her attic that has 2 keys to get in?"

"Yeah, well, that's the only way she can hide them. Since my dad owns his own restraunt, he uses our family recipes so the only way nobody steals them is for them to stay at grandma Cecilia's house."

"And it's 2 keys to 1 chest in her attic." I nodded my head yes. "Are you gonna learn any of the recipes?"

"Yeah, actually I'm going back to Louisiana for Christmas. So on Christmas Day grandma Cecilia and I are gonna make the gumbo and that's when Imma learn."

"What about your mom?"

"She learned from grandma Cecilia but technically they aren't family anymore because of the divorce so..." My voice trailed off and I sighed and looked away.

"I'm sorry that your family split Audrey.."

I sighed again. "I mean..it's life.."

"Well I'm here for you."

"Thanks"

"Tell me about your early childhood"

"Man you must be real interested in my life huh?"

"I'm just curious. And..I like it."

"Umm..I was, well am, the only child. At that time, my dad had just opened the restraunt and my mom worked as the co-manager and sometimes the hostess. We also lived in a very large home and our backyard was an acre big." His eyes popped out of his head. "Yeah, I know! But think about how big that would be from when you were born to 10. Anyway it had a farm on it with chickens, goats, horses, cows, and pigs. I remember my mom and I used to feed the pigs and chickens early in the morning then take the chickens eggs and cook them for breakfast before sunrise." I looked far across the distance and a bright smile came onto my thinking about the happiest years of my life. "I also remember when I would stay in the yard and play for hours in the mud with my friends. I used to get in trouble for not coming in until my mom told me that if I don't come in before the sunset, the crocodiles will come and get me. Boy I tell you, you didn't have to tell me twice to come inside. I hate crocodiles!"

"Wow, I've never met someone like you Drey."

"Thank you" he looked down on his watch.

"Dang, where did the time go? It's 4:30"

"Wow already?"

"Yeah"

"How bout we decide what movie to watch?"

"Ok."

__________________________________________________________________

Roc POV

I laid my eyes on the tv screen that had been playing Titanic for 2 hours. God, this movie is long. Audrey had been laying against my chest and my arms wrapped around her. I suddenly felt her head shift and breathing slow down. I think she fell asleep. Our bodies created natural heat from pressing against each other.'I glanced down at her to see her eyelids covering her soft green-brown eyes and her hair laying on my chest. I swear we looked like a tumblr photo that girls cooed over. Trying not to wake her up, I slowly reached into my right pocket to get my phone. I pulled it out and snapped a photo of the two of us. Not realizing the flash was on, she lifted her head and saw me in the middle of holding my phone towards us.

"What are you doing?" She smiled.

"Taking a picture of us."

"Oh haha, I really fell asleep huh?"

I nodded and she giggled. "Wanna take a picture?"

"You don't have to ask me twice." I rolled my eyes sarcastically and she laid back down against my chest and I took another photo. I set it as my lock screen and showed it to Audrey. A little smile crept on her face and she leaned over and gave me a small peck on my lips. She slid off of my body and stretched out. She looked over her shoulder and gave a sleep smirk.

"Sleepy?" I asked still laying on the couch.

"Just a lil bit."

"If you want, I'll let you go to sleep."

" You sure?"

"Yeah you've been moving all day. Go to your room and change in your pajamas and I'll come back with a surprise."

"Umm ok" she laughed off and went into her room and closed the door behind her.

Drey's POV

I threw on some cheetah print pj pants and white tank and tied my hair in a high ponytail. I peeled back the layers of my freshly made bed and got in. A few minutes later, Roc came back with a cup in his hand. He knelt down beside my bed and gave the steaming cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream and a large marshmallow the the center.

"Awww thank you love!"

"All for you." I placed the cup on my nightstand and he met me halfway with a goodnight kiss.

"Night babe." He winked at me and turned on my nightstand light and turned off my recess lighting lights.

I grabbed my cup and took a small sip. I have the best boyfriend...so far.

__________________________________________________________________

Whatcha think? I know it wasn't the best chapter but it will pick up. Thanks for reading! #Staymindless 1-4-3 -Ash