Chapter 7: Just Like Family

Audrey POV- Saturday 9:07 a.m

Splotches of red appeared on my face as I redeemed myself from the 3 mile jog I had just ran. I did this every Saturday morning from 8 to 9 if I didnt have anything to do in the morning. My racerback and yoga shorts drenched in hard working sweat and I could've sworn the soles of my Nike running shoes were halfway gone. I just love being a model. Sarcasm.  

When I returned home, I retrived an arrowhead water bottle and chugged it down. Then I noticed my mom left for work. I forgot to tell you! Recently, my mom was able to find a job at iHop. Its not as great as being a co-manager at my family's restraunt in Louisiana, but it keeps the lights on. She must've gotten a call to get to work early to fill in someone's shift. Suddenly, my home phone rang and got up in heavy breathe to answer it.

"Good morning beautiful."

"Hey love!" I cheered.

"Haha." He chuckled in his raspy morning voice. "How have you been?"

"Tired." I replied shortly.

"From running huh?"

"How did you know?"

"You ran past my house like 20 times."

"Oh. Duhh!"

"How bout you come over my house for breakfast? My mom is cooking."

"OK I'll be over in a little bit. Let me freshen up."

"Alright, love you."

"Love you too."

"Bye."

"Bye."

I hung up my phone and headed to the bathroom and started my shower water. Once I was done with hygiene routine, I threw on a floral dress, sandals, a gold watch, triangle gold earings, with a gold chain. I left my hair down straight with bronzer and mascara as my makeup. I headed across the street and rang their doorbell.  A few seconds later, my baby appeared in the doorway.

"Hey!" he greeted in a hug.

"Hello!" I hugged back. He held onto my waist and pecked me on my lips. I smiled and a blushed followed. He led me into his living room which was very clean may I add.

"Hey Audrey!" Ms.August exclaimed as she gave me a bear hug, coming from the kitchen.

"How are you Ms.August?"

"I'm good thanks for asking. You look beautiful today!"

"Thank you."

"Well I'm almost done cooking breakfast so you guys can watch tv or whatever."

"Ok." Chresanto grabbed my hand and I followed him into his room. As I was about to sit on his bed, I noticed a little girl sleeping on his bed.

"Chres?"

"Yeah?" He looked up to me.

"Who is this?"

"Oh thats my god daughter."

"She is so beautiful." I cooed as I inched closer to her. She was sleeping in a fetal position in a light purple polka dot onesie. "Whats her name?"

"Erin." I started to rub her back lightly and examine her exsquisite features. I looked behind me and there stood Chresanto smiling with his hands in his pockets.

"BuBu?" Erin asked flickering her eyes open rubbing her right eye. I looked back at her and she looked at me confused then back at Chresanto. "Who that?" Chresanto came closer and knelt down beside the bed.

"This is Drey. She's my girlfriend."

"Ohh."

"Hi Erin." I grinned.

"How you know my name?"

"Chresanto told me. Its nice to meet you."

"Thank you. BuBu I'm hungry."

"Nana's cooking breakfast. It'll be ready soon."

"Ok."

"Alright Drey and I are gonna let you sleep, ok?"

"Ok."

"Come on Drey." He whispered and we exited his room.

"She is too cute!" I exclaimed again.

"Haha. I know right?"

"Where's her mom?" As we sat infront of the t.v her exsplained everything to me. I feel bad for Michelle and what she has to go through but I guess that's just how the cookie crumbles. I could never imagine going through that.

"Breakfast is ready!" Ms. August shouted from the kitchen. We stood and I entered their kitchen with the aroma of bacon, eggs, pancakes, southern style biscuits, and orange juice.

"This smells amazing Ms.August! Especially the buscuits! You know just how us southerns like em'!" My southern accent clearly audible.

Ms.August woke Erin and we all ate breakfast together. I love coming over here! It feels just like a big happy family and I'm apart of it. I miss that feeling. Can you say "home sick?"

___________________________________________________________________________________

Just a filler chapter. Eh, a little boring but its whatever. I appologize for not updating lately :/ But spring break is next week for me so I'll probably be updating more annnd...

****I found out someone stole my story and posted it on Miss Literati! Her name is Shaniyamindless and its my "Nerd to It Girl" story and I need for you guys to flag the hell out of the story and show her she is caught red handed! Thanks guys!****

Anyways, love you guysss soo much! #StayMindless 1-4-3 -Ash<3