Chapter 10: Guilty

Same Day- 9:25 p.m

Chresanto's POV

"Ahhhh" I let out as I laid in my bed shirtless from a fresh shower after football practice. My body felt sore but I would have to get used to it because this Friday is our championships. If we win then we can compete to go to win the CIF(California Interscholarastic Federation) award in football. So of course coach was pushing us..alot. I laid on my back and just relaxed for awhile while on my phone.

Then the doorbell rang.

"Chresanto can you get that?" my mom yelled from somewhere in the house. I groaned as I stood from my bed and went to open the front door.

"Hey Chresanto." A soft voice spoke when I opened the door. There stood Michelle, Erin, and a little suit case.

"Michelle? What are you going here?"

"I'm sorry its such a short notice but I need you to take Erin for the rest of this week." She said needy.

"Huh?" I said in shock.

"I have finals next week and I need to study. And you know if I don't pass, I don't graduate."

"Michelle-"

"Please Chresanto..." I sighed and bent down to Erin.

"Hey princess."

"Hi BuBu." she hugged me tightly. I picked her up and took the bag from Michelle's hand and took her inside.

"Erin stay right here okay?"

"Ok."

"Whats going on Chres?" My mom asked from inside the house.

"Hold on mom." I walked back outside on the porch where Michelle stood looking guilty. Her hair puffed from the wind and a thin cardigan tighed around her body.

"Question. Have you ever thought about me?"

"What?" She rebuttaled.

"You didnt even call or text anybody. Leaving a kid at my house during the week-"

Michelle gave me a look of disbelief. Her face just told it all. Not a good choice of words.

"Kid?!?" Her eyes filled with rage and she leaned it closer to me, sternly pointing her finger at me while yelling "She's not just any kid, Chresanto! She's-"

"Woah, woah! Is everything ok out here?" My mom asked walking out on the porch, addressing the argument.

Michelle just continued to look into my eyes with a scowl on her face, her arms folded, and her hips leaned to one side. "Oh, hi Ms. August..." she said lowly, clearly hurt, now looking down.

"Mom...just please." I said. She just gave me one of those mama looks and left. There was an awkward silence.

"And of course this happens the week of Championships!"

"Well what do you want me to do? Fail in school? I swear your so damn selfish sometimes! Damn!"

"Selfish? Its 9:30 at night, the week that determines whether USC is gonna consent a football scholarship for me if I play well. I still have homework to do with finals next week, like everyone else, and now Erin?"

"Hear yourself! Seriously, take a minute to pause and listen on what you just said! Football this, football that! Its all about you and has always been that way!" Her eyes started filling up with tears. And I just looked at her..feeling guilt flow throughout my body.

"Forget it..." She stormed away going to her car.

"Michelle!" I called behind her. She hopped in her car and put the key in the ignition.

I knocked on her car window and she looked up with tears in her eyes.

"I-I-"

"You're sorry? Riittee!" She swiped away a tear and drove off. I watched as she made her way down the street and sighed. My shoulders slumped and my head lowered. I took a brief moment and turned around to the porch and see Erin standing there with her head cocked to the side.

"BuBu?" she softly asked.

"Erin..hey baby girl." I said going up to her. She just gave a cheesy smile and grabbed me into a hug. I hugged her back and a smirk crept onto my face. I released from the hug and got her out of the cold weather.

__________________________________________________________________________________

DONT HATE ME! lol sorry for the wait and for 1.7k. Hows school going for you guys? Its going grat for me! #StayMindless 1-4-3 -Ash<3