21 - Hospital

"She just got here. She's trying to get him to listen to what ever she has to say about the recital." Scott whispers to Stiles and I. 

        I lean back against the wall, subconsciously rubbing my neck where Ms. Blake would have strangled me. Lydia was sent to a hospital downtown to be taken care of. Nothing happened to me aside from way too much crying and the burns on my wrists and ankles from the ropes. The burns are almost gone, just faint pink circles remain. 

        Scott grabs my hand that was rubbing my neck in his. Our fingers intertwine and I remember how thankful I am to have him. "She knows we're here. C'mon." 

        Stiles and I walk with Scott around the side of the wall we were hiding behind. Ms. Blake is still wearing her outfit she had on at the recital and is standing in front of Derek, who is actually watching the three of us come out of hiding. My hand squeezes Scott's tighter just from the sight of her. She almost killed Lydia. She was going to kill me. 

        Ms. Blake turns her body around to face us. "So, they told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people?" Ms. Blake says in a very disbelief voice. Is she really going to try and make Derek think that she is innocent?

        "We told him you're the one killing people." Scott corrects. 

        "Oh, that's right." Ms. Blake chuckles. "Committing human sacrifices? What, cutting their throats? Yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour. That way, I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. That makes perfect sense." Ms. Blake exaggerates her facial features a little much to make it seem like this whole thing is just beyond crazy to her. 

        "Where's my dad?" Stiles whispers, eyes filled with unshed tears. 

        My heart sinks at how heartbroken he is. I lift up my right arm and wrap it around his back, comfortingly. Stiles is so close to his dad, it's the only family he has left. He shouldn't have to be going through this. I thought I hated Deucalion the most, I think I hate Ms. Blake more now. 

        "How should I know?" Ms. Blake faces Derek once more. "Derek, tell me you don't believe this."

        The scary thing is that Derek doesn't answer right away. He just stares down at her with the most blank expression ever, but I can tell he is hurting a little in his eyes. In someway, that I do not want to know about, Ms. Blake and Derek were together. Derek glances towards the three of us and then back to her. "Do you know what happened to Stiles' father?"

        "No." Ms. Blake softly says, shaking her head. 

        "Ask her why she almost killed Lydia." Scott says to Derek. 

        "Why she almost killed me." I glare at the woman that was supposed to only be my teacher. 

        Ms. Blake stares at us, incredously. "Lydia Martin? And, Chloe? I don't know anything abou that."

        I rear forward, angrily. "Bullshit."

        Ms. Blake flinches back. 

        Scott tugs on my hand to bring me back to him. 

        Derek watched my reaction to her comment. "What do you know?"

        "I know that these kids, for whatever misguided reason, are filling your head with an absurd story." Ms. Blake spins back around to face us. "One they can't prove, by the way."

        Scott pulls out the small, glass jar out of his pocket filled with powdered mistletoe. "What if we can?" 

        Ms. Blake eyeballs the jar. "What is that?"