12 - Small Spaces

"Lydia, do you think I could borrow your math notes?" I lean up against the locker by the strawberry blonde's opened locker. "Scott and Stiles said that you have the best notes and I could really use them."

        Lydia purses her lips, while flicking through a light blue notebook. She tears out three pieces of paper and hands them over to me. "Here." 

        I gratefully take the papers from her fingers and slide them in my bag, careful not to wrinkle them. "Thanks." 

        "Hey, ladies." Aiden approaches us from the other side of Lydia. He smiles at the two of us and I find myself glaring at him. Lydia rolls her eyes at him, continuing on with her things in her locker. "It's Chloe, right?" 

        I narrow my eyes at the conviving jerk. Does he really think he can walk over here and act like nothing is wrong? Like he wasn't trying to attack any of us earlier today. "Thanks again for the notes, Lydia." I turn to walk away, but he grabs onto my wrist. 

        "What are you guys doing tomorrow?" Aiden glances between Lydia and I. 

        I try to yank my wrist out of his grasp, but he doesn't loosen up. Lydia pays no attention as she takes out a notebook. "We're busy."

        "What about tonight?" He tries again.

        Lydia purses her lips. "Nope. Studying."        

        "Let. Go." I whisper through gritted teeth, low enough for Lydia not to here.

        "I could help you." Aiden smiles at Lydia. He ignores my please, only tightening his grip even more.

        I glance over my shoulder to see Isaac and Scott glowering at the werewolf with the tight grip on me. I shake my head once. They don't need to cause a scene here. Not during school. Scott looks more angry than either of them, like he wants nothing more than to throw Aiden against the lockers by his throat. 

        Lydia shuts her locker, locks it up, and leans back against it, arms crossed over her chest. "Do you have an IQ higher than 170?"

        Aiden slyly moves the hand that is still holding onto my wrist behind his back, away from Lydia's eyesight. I grimace when his nails dig into my skin. "Okay. You can help me." 

        Lydia scoffs.

        "Tonight then?"  

        Lydia pats his chest twice before walking away. 

        Once she is far enough away, I curl my hand up in a fist and hit him square in the chest. "Let go of me, you piece of-"

        Aiden laughs at my punch. "Oh, c'mon, Chloe. Don't you want a part of this?" He pulls me close to his chest.

        I resist the urge to gag. From my peripheral vision, I see my brother and Scott headed our way with fire in their eyes. This is going to end badly. Without a second thought, I slam my right knee up into his groin. He doubles over, the hand on my wrist disappearing. 

        "Ms. Lahey!" Mr. Harris appears out of nowhere. "Lunch detention in five minutes!" 

        He disappears down the hallway. Aiden straightens up just as Scott makes it over to us. He grabs my hand in his, pushing me behind him as he stands inches away from Aiden. "If you ever touch her again, I'll kill you!" Scott's eyes glow. 

        "Scott, stop." I wrap my other hand around his bicep. 

        Aiden smirks at the three of us and wanders down the hall.