16 - My Anchor

Scott walked in on Allison in the shower. He didn't see anything. Yet, why is this bothering me so much? It's no big deal. No problem at all, right?

        "Last time I saw Scott act like that was during the full moon." Allison shares with the rest of us. 

        Lydia had texted Stiles saying that we needed to talk to him and only him. We ended up meeting him in Allison and Lydia's room. That is how I found out what Scott did to Allison. My heart sunk a little bit when I heard it. 

        "Yeah, I know. He was definitely a little off with me too, but actually, it was Boyd who was really off. I watched him put his fist through the vending machine." Stiles forms his hand into a fist. 

        "See, it is the motel. Either we need to get out of here right now, or... someone needs to learn how to do an exorcism asap, before the werewolves go crazy and kill us." Lydia searches through the drawer behind her for the Bible. 

        Stiles holds up a hand. "Okay, just hold on, alright? What if it's not just the motel? The number in the office went up by four, right?"

        "You mean like three sacrifices?" Allison thinks it over.

        "What if this time it's three werewolves?" Stiles explains his theory he has.

        "Scott, Isaac, and Boyd." I whisper before wrinkling my brow. "But, what about the other one?"

        Stiles waves his hand in the air. "The other one must just be an extra. Only three sacrifices are needed. Maybe we were meant to come here."

        If only three sacrifices are needed then why would the number go up four instead of three. That's all of the werewolf. Is there a werewolf we don't know about? Unless...I'm number four. I'm a hybrid, still technically a werewolf. Am I going to die tonight?

        "Exactly! So can we get the hell out of here now? Please?" Lydia pleads. 

        Grabbing the bible, Stiles flicks through the pages. "Wait, hang on. Let me see this."

        A cut out of a newspaper is on one of the pages. All of us surround him to read the paper over his shoulder. 

        "'Tweny eight year old man hangs himself at the infamous Glen Capri." Stiles reads the headline. He flips through my pages before shaking the book. More cut outs slide out of the book, landing on the bed. 

        Lydia grabs two. "Oh, no. Look at these two. They both mention the room two seventeen."

        "These are probably all the suicides that happened in this room." I point to all of the cut out newspaper articles. These motel is even more whacked out than I thought. 

        "So if every room has a Bible..."

        "There could be articles in all the rooms." I finish Allison's train of thought.

        "That's a beautiful thing. Most places leave a mint under the pillow. This one leaves a record of all the horrible deaths that occurred." Stiles adds his sarcastic input. 

        I cross my arms over my chest. I just need to get back home with everyone and no one needs to die tonight, especially not me. No deaths or sacrifices.

        "What if the room next door has the one about the couple?" Lydia thinks. 

        All of us look at each other. Stiles is the first one to run to the door. The three of us girls follow behind him with me all the way in the back. They are already to the door by the time I step out of the room. I silently gasp when I see my mother leaning up against the railing. How did none of them see her when they ran by? I stare down at the three of them trying to get in the room.