CHAPTER 33 - part2 - HOME, SWEET HOME!

CHAPTER 60

Mohan returned home after having lunch with Mahi, refreshing their companionship. As soon as he reached home and entered his room, he got a call from Prateek. 

"Mohan, did you happen to meet one Mrs. Renu Vyas today?" 

Mohan was astounded by the speed with which the news has travelled to reach Prateek. 

"How did you know, Sir?" 

Prateek chuckled in response. 

"You expect a person like Renu bhabhi to keep mum? She called Prerna and thanked her for being so considerate and arranging the interview. And also hinted heavily that she would like to be in the cover page of future editions of the magazine too." 

"Oh!" Mohan exclaimed. And then, sheepishly he explained the tale: his association with Megha, her friendship with Prerna and the request to ensure Prerna got what was rightfully hers. 

"Had I known all this, I would've helped you in some way." Prateek replied as Mohan concluded the tale. 

"But I didn't know till I met her that your fiancee was Megha's friend." 

"Anyway, everything went well and that is what matters. I guess I owe a big thanks to you, Mohan. You are coming for our wedding, aren't you?" Prateek enquired. 

"I..." Mohan stalled uncertainly. 

"You are." Prateek stated in a tone demanding zero protest. "Don't worry about the flight tickets, I'll arrange them for you." 

Grab the opportunity, Mohan! Haven't you been on the edge since that unsettling dream? Seeing Nanhi and Megha may bring you some peace of mind. 

Mohan listened to his inner voice and agreed. 

As the evening approached, Indu confronted him with a bottle of home-made hair oil. She made him sit down at the foot of his bed and dolloping a generous amount of oil onto his scalp, began massaging it into his dry hair. Knowing the protests would be futile, Mohan simply sat there, leaning against her leg.  

She is going away for a long time; I shouldn't refuse her the chance to pamper me. 

"The new bottle will last till I return. You'll use it regularly, won't you?" Indu asked. 

Mohan recognised the concern laced voice of his mother. After all, she had never stayed this far away from her family ever.  

"Yes, Ma." Mohan decided to agree to her demands so that she could leave with a relieved mind. 

"Will you come with your Papa to see me off tomorrow?" 

"Of course, Ma. That's why I came all the way here, isn't it?" Mohan turned around to look at her and asked back. 

Indu smiled. Then she caught his shoulder with her oily hands and asked in an earnest tone: 

"You'll take care of your Papa when I'm gone, wont you? He would be terribly lonely here without me. Please call him at least once a week and enquire about everything Monu." She requested. 

Mohan looked back with equal seriousness. 

"I would've done that even if you haven't told me and even if he doesn't like it." 

Indu sighed in relief. 

"He would like it immensely if you would call him, Monu. He just never shows it." She replied earnestly. 

Mohan turned around as he barely stopped himself from rolling his eyes. 

He would probably tell me off and say he has no time for tete-a-tete.