Glad you're back

Henry was a panting mess, it was less than two hours until he would see the girl of his dreams after 5 long years. He was devastated the first time she told him about the news. The first time she left for the university over a thousand miles away from him. He stared at an old picture he recently found in his bedroom, leaning on the man couch as Ray finished blowing up the last balloon that filled the man cave floor.

"You know," Ray paused taking in a deep breath. "You could've- at least- helped me." He said now throwing himself back on the couch, laying down as he took a breather blowing up 400 balloons.

"I know, I know I'm sorry I'm just- I'm just nervous."   The 23-year-old spoke out with shaky hands. He wasn't lying, but yet he wasn't telling the entire truth. The real thing is, he was nervous, but to the point where you could call that nervousness, anxiety. Sure he's seen her more than a million times in his life, but he couldn't help it, he couldn't help the fact that his heart would flutter at the thought of her name, he couldn't help that he only wanted the best for her, and he couldn't help the fact that he was in love with his best friend.

Yes indeed

He figured it out for years now but never dared to even tell her. He thought it would've been useless since she was gonna leave anyway, he also thought that the feelings would go away since he'd barely see her anymore, well he was wrong.

Way wrong.

It only grew bigger. As he realized how much he missed her smile, her laugh, the scent of her curly hair, her natural sass, heck, he missed everything, he missed her.

"Henry!?"

"Yeah!? Yeah? What's wrong?" Henry exclaimed surprised as Ray only shook his head with a smirk.

"You were thinking about her weren't you?" Ray teased as Henry sighed. He couldn't deny it anymore. The rest of the gang found out after he kept on rambling about how she would meet another smarty pants and ditch them completely, realizing that her friends were complete dumb butts compared to her.

"Yeah, I was." He spoke out as he slid the picture in his jeans pocket.

"Well, unless you want her to realize we're complete dumb heads than I suggest you better get going, her plane lands in less than two hours," Ray suggested as he still was kept laying down on the couch. Henry nodded his head as he walked over to the elevator, pressing the button commanding it to come down and transport him upstairs.

Arriving at Junk N Stuff Henry was immediately greeted by his other best friend serving an elderly woman at the front desk. "Hey, Jasper! Bye Jasper!" He waved as he opened the fake shop's door and headed out leaving his friend confused.

***

On the road, Henry tried his best to distract himself from the upcoming events. But it seems as the more he tried to get distracted, the more his mind adverts itself back to her. "Come on Henry, get a hold of yourself." He scolded himself as he bit his bottom lip. For the few years, she's been gone the only way they would communicate was threw face time. Laughing and catching up with each other's lives. But as her exams started, the less and less they would talk to each other. The usual overnight calls they would have started to decrease into short minutes, just saying hello and telling each other how much they missed seeing each other in real life.

But yesterday, was different. Both him and she spent the day talking to each other. Excitement flowing in their bodies as they couldn't wait to be in each other's presents once again.

"Come on, she's your best friend, this isn't such a big deal." He scoffed knowing best that his words were complete bull. Everything was a big deal right now, how he looked, how he smelled, heck how he talked! He didn't want to mess this up. Especially not in front of her. For him, she was perfect, the opposite of wrong, he felt the need to act his best in front of her as he never wanted to mess things up. That's why back in the mancave, he forced the gang to decorate the place into a nice welcoming party. 

***

Arriving at the airport, Henry had to wait little known than 30 minutes for her flight to arrive. His leg was bouncing, his heart was pounding, his head was spinning,  he couldn't control himself.

"Now arriving, Stanford California." A gentle voice said causing Henry's eyes to shoot up. That's it, that's her plane. He stood up and watched the dozens of graduates enter the airport. Every one of them being greeted by a family member or a friend. It felt like hours as he couldn't find the one person he was truly seeking. Twiddling with his fingers he sighed as the doors started to close up. He waited a few seconds, and yet nothing came up. He sighed and turned around.

Maybe she missed her flight.

He thought dumbfounded. That was until a light ding resonated across the airport. Indicating that the doors had opened once again. He didn't want to look as he knew he would've ended up disappointed once again. But a voice in him spoke, telling him to look around. He got curious, so as he turned around, facing the door once again, his heart dropped and his eyes lit up. There she was, standing at the entrance messing around with her giant luggage on each side of her body. Completely unaware that her best friend was staring her down in a state of awe. 

"She's right there Henry, there's nothing to lose," he whispered to himself, trying his best to stop his pounding heart. He stared as she stopped fiddling with her luggage, as she looked up, the first thing she saw was the blonde boy she called her best friend, her entire face lit up as Henrys face also formed into a light smile. Dropping everything she carried in her hands, she wasted no time and ran towards Henry engulfing him into a deep and long hug. 

"Charlotte, I missed you so freaking much," Henry whispered in her ears as his eyes were still shut close.  She was here, she was truly here. He could smell the scent of her curly hair again, he could hear the light giggle that laced threw her mouth and he couldn't wait for all the upcoming sass that was waiting upon him for the longest years. 

"I missed you too Henry," she said as light happy tears slowly slid down her face. They parted away from each other, both of them looking intensely as they analyzed each and very differences on their faces. Charlotte looked back at Henry's eyes and it caught her at back as his gaze never left hers. His pupils seemed to be adverting lower, almost as if he was staring at her lips. 

Which he was. He couldn't control himself anymore. With her in front of him, in his arms, he didn't want to waste this opportunity. He bent down, his face coming closer and closer by each second, at first their lips slightly pecked, but then as he wanted more he brought her face towards him gently, caressing her cheek and kissed her with full force. Both of them exploring each other's mouths as the burning passion laced threw them. They didn't care that they were in public right now, all they cared about was them. Henry and Charlotte. Two best friends that have been together till the end. 

As they parted away both of them in need of air. They both smiled and hugged each other sideways. "I'm glad you're back, Char," Henry whispered kissing her forehead. 

"So am I, Henry."