Friends Fight

Henry's POV

"Charlotte what the heck do you want me to do about it?"

"I don't know Henry! Okay? Let's just drop it. We're fighting over something so dumb."

"Yeah well you're the one who started freaking out over a broken pencil!"

"Yeah? Well, maybe if you haven't broke my favourite pencil in the first place we wouldn't be having this conversation!"

"You know what Charlotte! Just forget it, I'm going home. I'll see you another time."

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

"Cool by me!"

"Amazing by me!"

"Why aren't you out my house yet!?"

"I was just leaving!" I said as I slammed the door.

And like that I'm out the house.

•••

Charlotte and I have been avoiding each other for a week now and I'm loosing my mind. We're avoiding each other just cause of some stupid pencil.

But to be honest I have no idea what's going on between Charlotte and I. We have been fighting more then usual. And by usual I mean we almost never fight.

Each time we pass each other in the school hallway we give each other some 'looks' then completely ignore each other's existence. The only time we actually acknowledge each other is at work. But still, things are not getting better.

I slammed my locker shut and turned around to look where Charlotte's locker is. I realized she was talking to Jackson. The biggest jock of the school. Why is she talking to Jackson? Him out of all people? What am I doing why should I care? We're not even friends anymore. Right?

I hid behind a wall trying to spy- observe the scene in front of me.

"Are you still coming to my house tomorrow afternoon?" Charlotte asked.

Wait. Charlotte's inviting JACKSON to her house?

"Yeah, but are you sure it's okay to come without your parents being there?"

Wait what!?

"Yeah, they know. It's no biggie." She nodded her head.

Charlotte's inviting a boy at her house with no PARENTAL SUPERVISION!??

"Okay, I'm gonna head to my locker then cute thang." He winked.

Oh heck nah.

Charlotte nodded her head but before the boy could do anything else, he whispered something in her ear.

"Yeah yeah. I promised you I'll do it." She rolled her eyes and put her bag in her locker.

"Thank you!" Is all he answered before waving goodbye and heading to his own locker.

What was that whole exchange? What did he say to her? What is she gonna do? What did she promise to him?

I watched as Charlotte walked the other side of the hallway with a bunch of other students following her from behind.

Dang I haven't even realized that the bell rang.

I shook my head as I was making my own way to class.

I hope they're not gonna do what I think they'll be doing...

  •••