35. •Δ Catharsis Δ•

Run to You - Lea Michele

Cause you'll be safe in these arms of mine

Just call my name on the edge of the night

And I'll run to you, I'll run to you

For the last 10 days. Axel and I have been following the same routine. Axel would drop me to mom's house and leave for office. Come back in the evening, We will have dinner together and then leave for our place. Some days we slept in the room they had for us when Axel arrived late from office.

Today mom said, "We should go to their office for lunch. It's been a long time since I went there." All this time. Mom has never picked Liam's topic and acted like everything is normal.

Liam is still out on bail and Marion is yet to drop the case. She knows that It will ruin Jessica's image, If the truth comes out. But the vile woman is sure that dad won't do that to Jessica or any other girl. She is willing to take the risk of media finding out, Just so she could maintain the upper hand. Brandon has agreed to divorce, Marion. His future is still uncertain though. Axel told me their lawyers have been looking into Brandon's past. He has more skeletons in his closet than we thought but I never ask for more details.

When we were leaving for office, guards from the front gate came to notify us that Brandon is outside and has been asking to see me for the past hour.

"If he wants to talk. Then I'm right here. I won't let him take too long." I say.

"If that's what you want. Just hear him out, okay." Mom said before going back inside.

Brandon, or I should say my uncle came was not looking like his usual self. "I am moving back to California. My parent's house is there." He said looking in to eyes, trying to find an ounce of sympathy for him.

"The same house that you had to sell after grandma and grandpa died. To pay the imaginary debt." I mock. When Axel did the background check on my parents life. In case they had a treasure buried somewhere,which was also looted by Brandon. We found out that the house was abandoned, Brandon tried to sell it but after a dispute with the dealer he dropped. He must have forgot about it over the time, he obviously had bigger fish to catch.

"I did what I did to survive." Brandon said.

"Survive... Stealing your sister's money saved for her education is survival. Telling her that her old family house has been sold and the money went to pay off a debt is survival, taking my hard earned money.. was that also a survival method..." I shriek, my palm was already numb and I began to loose sensations on my arms as well.

"I am not here to justify myself. I just..." he trailed off like he couldn't talk.

"You want money." I complete for him "...Enlighten me, Brandon Morris. It is Morris right, since you're separated now, yes? So please tell me why should I pay you for anything." I held my palm and rubbed it to get the sensations back.