21. •Δ Together Δ•

Demi Lovato - Heart by Heart

No one else's arms can lift

Lift me up so high

Your love lifts me out of time

And you know my heart by heart

" Mother , Dad . What are you doing here..??" I ask in confusion .

"Is that how you treat your..." She said placing a palm on her chest , feigning shock that I spoke to her like this. But My father squeezed her other palm to stop her ,that was subtle ,not for my eyes to notice, but I did. Never have I ever seen him do that . Usually he joins in ,whether it is to demean me or to add fuel to the fire my mom or Jessica has started . Interesting and Scary...

" Darling , We came here to take you home. We don't want you to be alone in this time ." She said . Darling...??? Where the hell is Jennifer,she would have enjoyed this too much . I was so engrossed in making imaginary scenarios , I lost the weight of what she had said .

" You don't know , Do you " dad asked.

" Wait.. What.. What is going on . Come inside and we'll talk. " I say opening the door for them.

" As If We're ever gonna set foot in this slum..." Mother muttered , eyeing the door frame like it had been covered in contagious mold .

"Marion , will you shut up and let me talk ." His voice boomed in the empty night . It scared me ,making me flinch so bad ,I took a step back . My mother is barely containing her anger, her body is shaking from rage she is holding inside. The fact she is not lashing out is terrifying me . I wanna go to Axel and hide in his arms .He can save me. He will always save me . But first, I have to get out of this situation on my own.

Tears are brimming in eyes ,but I don't blink, trying to control my tears. There is a lump in my throat , but I still manage somehow to let out "Can We talk tomorrow , It's late and I have to wake up early......."