8. •Δ New Association Δ•

Chances - backstreet boys

What are the chances that we'd end up dancing?
Like two in a million, like once in a life
That I could have found you, put my arms around you
Like two in a million, like once in a life

What are the chances that we'd end up dancing?Like two in a million, like once in a lifeThat I could have found you, put my arms around youLike two in a million, like once in a life

I wasn't expecting Ranveer to shed any tears of sympathy for me, perhaps a hug then an offer for unlimited booze on his tab so I could escape the reality for a few hours. What I didn't need him to do his laugh at me. It was manageable when he burst into laughter, but my anger spiked when h kept doing it even when his stomach began to hurt, tears of joy formed around his eyes. They say everyone has two sides. Today, I met with my friend's other side. A sadist, that's what he is.

"Are you done laughing now." I grumble. His face is all red, I am sure his staff won't take him seriously from now on. I bet even the HR department can hear him laughing like a maniac, from whatever rat hole he had put them in. This bastard even choked on his saliva.

"I am sorry, man. I never thought of you as a married man and that too in an arranged marriage." He chuckled, massaging his jaw that must be hurting from all this amusement he found in my misery.

"Dude, you are Indian. Isn't it a common practice in India to seal their children's fate in an arranged marriage, without even asking them." I ask haughtily. Sure his parents are really supportive and would never go that to their only child, but I'll take any chance to shut him up.

"My parents are not narrow-minded, okay. And even we are allowed to give our consent in marriage. Which may or may not matter in 'Sealing our fate '. But you, my friend..." He gave me a hard look, pointing his finger at me. And then he started laughing all over again. All my regret about disregarding his culture went out of the window. Whilst he was busy rolling on the floor laughing, for real. I went down memory lane to consider why am I friends with him in the first place and is it worth still keeping it. Because there is no way, I am going to let him do this. I have already lost to father, Liam... and to Arianna in some context.

When I went to college, I was not admitted to the fraternity, despite my father being alumni. I was a legacy. I was given some trashy reason, why I can't be one of them. I don't have any proof but I know Liam was behind it since he made it to the fraternity when he was in college and was their head. And he ran it like a Capo. But Ranveer stood up for me. They needed football players, and I no longer played after my injury. He told them we were a package deal and that's how I got in. I was familiar with him, because back in high school he was the captain of the rival team, even back then I respected him a lot. He was a great leader. And in college he was the wingman, a frat boy could ever ask for. We had made some great memories together, that didn't involve any police.

He joined me for the internship so my father does not find out my hidden agenda behind it. He saved me several times when Liam's plans had almost destroyed me. No wonder, he hates Ranveer so much. Friends like him are hard to find these days. So I decided to wait till he is laughter dies down.