Chapter 17: The Big Battle

The city of San Fransokyo was bright and sunny and many scientists from around the country have come to Krei's event. The first opening of his new campus dedicated to science. It was a large and highly manufactured building that put the audience in awe.

Krei stood at the mic stand as he made his announcement to the press, "It's all set up. This beautiful new campus is the culmination of a lifelong dream." He raised his glass of champagne in the air, the widest of grins on his middle-aged face.

"But none of this would've been possible without a few bumps in the road. Those setbacks made us stronger, and set us on the path to a bright future!"

The crowd cheered and applauded in approval. But suddenly everyone backs away from the mini stand Krei stood, staring up at the buildings roof in horror. Krei gazed around at everyone in utter confusion. "What?"

"Setback?!" Callaghan shouts from the roof, the microbots crawling down the side of it and making their way towards Krei.

Callaghan swooped down to Krei's level using the microbots and caught Krei before he could escape with everyone else, keeping his body completely wrapped up like a snake about to eat its prey. Callaghan's mask slips onto his head. He wanted Krei to get a good look at his face and know that he was the one that did everything. "Was my daughter a 'setback'?"

Krei was in pure shock. He thought Callaghan was dead. "Callaghan! But you ... y-your daughter, that was an accident! I—"

"No!" Callaghan cut him off, tightening the hold of the microbots around Callaghan's body. "You knew it was unsafe. My daughter is gone because of your arrogance."

Krei tried his best to cower away from Callaghan. He didn't know what else to do to escape this situation. He looks to his left when more microbots life up one half of the portal, then to his right to see the other part. Then, two more.

All the parts were being suspended over the building with the help of the microbots. "What are you doing?!" Krei shouts in fear, already having an idea.

Callaghan turns back around to Krei with narrowed eyes, getting in his face to intimidate him. "You took everything from me when you sent Abigail into that machine. Now I'm taking everything from you."

The pieces finally connect together and the portal reopens. Krei shakes his head, his eyes widening. "No, no, no! You can't!"

The building starts to get sucked up into the portal. All of it crumbling into pieces and flying up into space. "You're going to watch everything you've built disappear. Then, it's your turn," Callaghan says in a low, threatening voice.

"Professor Callaghan!" Hiro calls out, landing on the one of building exteriors with his team.

Once Baymax lands himself, Hiro hops off his robotic friend to step up in front of his team.

He takes off his helmet to look less threatening to Callaghan. "Let him go!"

But Callaghan only stared them all down blankly.

"Is this what Abigail would've wanted?" Hiro asks, gesturing to the large portal eating the building away.

"Abigail is gone!" Callaghan yells.

Hiro shakes his head. He knows how Callaghan feels. He's been in his shoes before. "This won't change anything. Trust me, I know."

Callaghan pauses for a moment to think over Hiro's words.

That is until Krei had to open his big mouth, "L-Listen to the kid, Callaghan. Let me go! I'll give you anything you want!"

The anger quickly comes back to Callaghan and his face stiffened. "I want my daughter back!"