Memories that haunt

As I slept, I remembered the event that had taken my cousin away from and where the fear of the golden bear came from.

It was a bright sunny day and my family and I were parking in the parking lot of Freda's Pizza. My 10 year old mind could not contain my excitement and my mom looked back and told me to calm down. Her face was blurred but I could see her beautiful hazel eyes and red lips. She began to talk to my dad but my dad's face was still as detailed as though I was there, almost like his face was burned into my memory. We unbuckled our seatbelts and stepped out of the car. My mom and dad's conversation continued as I looked up in the sky. The sky looked like the sky should look like but it felt as though this wasn't the right sky for this day. I didn't feel or hear much as we walked to the door but once I grabbed the door my hands felt the coldness of the metal handle. Most of the room was blurry or just completely black. My brain began to skip through the memory, and I was now looking around the room trying to find my little cuz. I walked over to a table and looked under the table to find my cousin murmuring and the words he said were clear, "dad did something bad". I touched his shoulder and he flinched but when he saw me he jumped up and hugged me. His body was so detailed. Everything to the color of his eyes to a scratch he got on the back of his hand.

"What happened to your hand?"

"Nothing. Just tripped."

"Oh ok. Why are you hiding?"

"My brother is trying to find me."

"Oh ok."

Suddenly I heard my mom yell for me and I left to go talk to her. As I walked away I heard my Little Cuz quietly beg "please don't leave". I kept walking to my mom and when I got to her she told me to say hi to my Uncle William and Aunt Marie. Aunt Marie was almost completely blurry but William was detailed just like my dad, his face was burned into my memory. We kept talking and then I heard Little Cuz scream. We looked back and Little Cuz was being forced into the Golden Bears breasts while his older brother screamed to hug her. I looked back at the adults to see if they would help but saw all of them frozen in shock except my Uncle who was almost smiling. It was a sinister smile and my body reacted by sprinting as fast as I could towards Little Cuz. Suddenly the Golden Bear's arms wrapped around him and the arms squeezed him hard. I heard a disgusting crack and then another, and then another. So many cracks were heard and I reached Little Cuz when the Golden Bear let go. His body fell and his head hit the edge of the stage and fell on the ground. I fell down and picked him up gently and he was completely out. He had a bloodline going down his face and under his eye then down his face as a blood tear. His shirt started to have blood splotches form as giant red spots on his perfectly white shirt. I screamed for someone to help him and I saw people start to call 911. His brother was frozen with a Foxy mask on his face, staring down at me. I looked back and saw William mouthing the words "it worked".

It was 2 days later and I had spent it in the hospital with him. He had bandages covering his chest and the part of his head that hit the stage. He would wake up at 6am in the morning everyday, take his meds and we would talk for a bit and then take a nap from 8am to 6pm. He would wake up once again then go to sleep at 8pm. Each morning, he woke up in a panic and I would calm him down. On this day though, at 3pm, I listened to the doctors talking to my aunt. They talked about how his lung had been punctured and he was going to need surgery but then that's when I heard it.

"He is unsavable, the surgery he needs is not possible for someone his age, he is going to die."

"How long does he have?"

"At most a week."

I broke down when I heard this, he was going to die and I couldn't save him.

It was the night that he died and me and him were talking before he went to sleep that night. I put on a fake smile and we talked.

"Hay Gage?"

"Yeah?"

"Am I going to die?" I froze as I heard that and my heart skipped a beat.

"Why?"

"Mom broke down crying for no reason yesterday."

"Oh, I don't think so." I lied.

"That's good but I am still scared." he said and he shook a little but he looked at the clock and saw it was 8:07. He lays down and closes his eyes.

"Love you, Gage."

"Love you too, Cuz"

That was the last words we said to each other and that night he died when his heart rate increased. He hyperventilated and this ripped his lung back open. He choked to death on his own blood. I still wish I could have hugged him one more time.

THANKS FOR ALL THE LOVE. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME