the new kid

Sorry for this late update. I am now 15 and with a new girlfriend. life with school, new girlfriend, and a emotional family takes a lot of effort and time.

I hear a kitten meowing in my ear and I groggily got up. I looked at Zeus and he is sitting by my head and I reach out towards him as he leans in for the pets. I stroked his back and he lies down. I look towards my alarm clock and It said 1:34. I slowly got up and looked towards Zeus's food bowl. It was empty and looked towards Zeus.

"That's why you woke me up." Zeus just purred and I scratched the top of his head. I leaned up and looked around the room. I stood up and walked towards a bag of cat food. I grab it and pour some of it into his food bowl. I laugh as Zeus runs through my legs to the food and trips on his own leg. I lean down and pet Zeus as he eats. He purrs and eats his fill. He turns around and jumps on my chest and runs up my chest. He goes over my shoulder and into my hood. I put my hood up and Zeus put his head on top of mine and you could see his little head. I reached my hand up and booped his nose. His face lit up and he looked surprised. His face softened and he began to purr. I walked to my front door and opened it. I left towards the convention and the bright light hit my eyes.

I arrived and Zeus was now in my arms and asleep. I walk into the convention and the noise of screaming kids and laughter fills my ear. I walk inside and see Bonnie, Chica, and Freda singing on stage. I wave at them and Bonnie stops for a second and waves. I walk to a nearby table and sit down. I place Zeus on my lap and go back to petting him. Suddenly the kid from a couple days ago runs over to me. 

“Hey mister?” he says in a questioning tone.

“Yeah?” 

“Is it ok to bring cats here?” He asks and I only respond with a shrug. He seems to take that answer and he goes to ask another question but I stop him.

“Yes you can pet him.” the kid’s face lights up and he pets Zeus gently.

“What’s his name?” 

“Zeus.” we both become quiet and just enjoy petting Zeus. Zeus wakes up and stands on my lap. He looks towards the kids hand which was reaching down to pet him again. Zeus leans into the kids hand and the kids smiles.

“He likes me!” the kid almost shouts, which makes a bunch of kids notice me… and Zeus. A stampede of children come rushing down through the Convention attempting to pet Zeus. I grab Zeus and begin to run towards the kitchen. I was being chased down and they were biting at my heels when I ran inside the kitchen and slammed the door shut. I look around for a second and the kitchen seemed oddly empty and then I heard a laugh from the freezer in the corner of the room. I silently walk up to the door of the freezer and peek through the window. I saw the guard who woke me up the first night and Chica inside conversing. Chica was sitting on the ground and a box was on her head and tomatoes all over the floor and on her face. The guard just stood there making jokes about her being red faced around him. She laughs a little and stands up. She heads to the door and opens seeming to not notice me. I try to step back but I trip and stumble into a shelf of pots. It breaks and all the pots come crashing down onto the floor. This causes Zeus to panic and run into my jacket pocket. The freezer door swings open all the way and Chica comes out in a panic. She grabs a kitchen knife off the counter top and looks around while the guard from earlier is telling her to calm down. I meanwhile had quickly ran to something I could hide under and hid. Zeus jumps out of pocket and quickly ran out of the hiding spot. “This cat is going to get me killed” I think as I hear footsteps approaching. 

“Kitty!!” Chica screams as she puts the knife down and rushes Zeus, but Zeus just sits there as Chica essentially slides on the ground towards him. She leans her face down nuzzles his head with her nose. He runs at me at full speed and I just stare as Zeus decides to straight up try to kill me. Chica looks at me and I just wave awkwardly. She freezes up for a second and then waves back with a confused look. She reaches her hand grabs my shirt and she pulls me out. I am picked up off the ground and I put hands in front of my face.