A Tired Fox

I arrive at 11:30 and I run to the door to see the day guard leaving. He sees me and looks surprised.

"Wow. I'm surprised you came here. Usually people... quit." he paused and has a nervous smile. He lets me in and closes and locks the door behind me. I reach into my pocket and felt something fluffy in my pockets. I grab it and hear a meow in my pocket. I panic and pull Zeus out of my pocket. I look at him and find him asleep in my hands.

"Hey bud how did you get in there?" I said to his sleeping face. He started to purr in his sleep and this caused me to gently pet him. Suddenly a little noise causes me to turn. I see Foxy right there just leaning against the wall. She sees the kitten in my arms and smiles.

"How long have you had it."

"I got him today."

"He is a cutie."

"Yeah... but he does like going inside my jacket." as I was petting him, he woke up and looked up at me. He looked at Foxy and then jumped from my hands. He walked up to Foxy and then rubbed against her leg. Foxy picks him up and cuddles him.

"What's his name?"

"Zeus" as I said that Zeus meowed

"Like the Greek god, Zeus?" Zeus meows again.

"Yep. I don't know why, but he responds to it."

"That's adorable." She said as she started hugging the kitten gently. Zeus then struggles out of her grip and runs over to me. He then jumps onto my leg. I pick him up and he crawls down me and goes into my pocket. I feel him curl up in my pocket and I pet him as he goes back to sleep. I smile at Foxy and she smiles back. I sit down on the ground and then lay back. I lay there for about ten minutes while gently petting my kitten. I start to feel tired and remember that I haven't slept in a decent amount of time. As I started to fall asleep, Foxy looked down at me and smiled.

I awoke to feel something hugging me from behind. I panicked for a second when I looked down to see red arms wrapped around my waist. I feel my pocket and notice the kitten isn't there. I panic and start looking around to see the kitten running away from the office. Suddenly, I see Bonnie turn the corner and head straight for the kitten. Zeus stops and goes into a pouncing position and Bonnie go on her knees. She reaches for Zeus and he pounces on her hand. She takes this chance to grab him by his soft belly and hug him towards her body. He bites her gently and struggles every second and Bonnie pays no mind to it. She just giggles at his cute struggles and cuddles him. He eventually stops struggling and looks towards me and Foxy. He tries to get out of Bonnie's hands and fails miserably. I chuckle at this and this attracts Bonnie's attention.

"Finally awake love birds?"

"What?"

"You and Foxy." I start to blush and she giggles. She looks down at Zeus and back at me.

"Is this cutie yours?"

"Yep, his name is Zeus." Zeus meows and she looks down at him. Her face lights up and she states"You are the cutest thing ever." she says as she hugged him tighter. She then stopped hugging him and placed him down. He ran over to me and goes to my face. He then looks down the neck hole of my jacket and goes inside my jacket. He then maneuvers himself so his head is under my head and he only shows his head. I pet the top of his head with my chin. He jumps back out and jumps on my side. He goes to Foxy face and rubs up against it. She wakes up and spits out the fur that got in her mouth. She then realized where she was and hugged harder.

"Foxy, what are you doing?"

"I was told that hugging you feels kind of like hugging a teddy bear. I gotta tell ya, it's not far off." as she said this she hugged harder and buried her face into my back. Zeus, who was almost in between us, ran back to Bonnie and climbed onto her shoulder. He then curled up into a ball and just laid there. I smiled slightly and turned over to face Foxy and put my arms around her waist. She then wrapped her legs around my legs and, almost as fast as she woke up, she fell asleep. Me, now being trapped, pulled Foxy as close as possible and embraced sleep.