Hit and Run

I soon relaxed in Evan's embrace but suddenly I feel a pain shoot up my arm to my chest. My head pounding at the pain, my throat soon tightening from the scream that was being formed. I look up to see Evan staring at me worriedly while gripping my forearms.

My vision seemed to get worse moving my head around seeing only blur of people and strong irony smell.

" Danielle? Are you ok, talk to me."

My chest rose erratically finding difficulty to breathe, my eyes search for the door with bright red lights saying exit. My stumbling feet slowly find my destination, hearing the slight confusion of the students as I leave.

"I, I, I don't know what's wrong ," I said in a monotone voice.

The cool air hit my skin causing goosebumps to form among my skin. My breathing came out in hard and loud gasps as my throat kept tightening, " Help," I started to scream feeling my body curve forward making me place my hands on my knees.

I could feel the aching in my gums and my jaws tighten trying to blink the tears away that were trying to escape my eyes. Bit by bit images began to flash into my mind, Vincent painting, the teeth marks that were on my wrist.

Waking in the bed to find Marshal with his face in his hands and Vincent's body in the corner of the room.

Marshal's eyes staring at me with mixed emotions on the dance floor, his hands leavening my skin and staring at me with such hurt.

Alex, Marshal's only adult presence he had, just another person that didn't judge him, and that plump man that had came to Marshal for something, me running through the area for no reason thinking it would stop the terrible future but only made it easier for Vincent to get me.

He loves me. Marshal fucking loves me, and I . . .

Why hadn't I realized?

He's sad, he can't cope.

He has no one.

Literally no one, and I'm just a memory. I'm a memory of the things he's lost. Him being with me changed his life, I ruined his life. I didn't help him, I didn't even see what was right in my face. I didn't help.

I. Did. Not. Help.

What am I?

I'm the monster. I'm the bloody monster. I act so kind and innocent yet I can't even see the person in my life that means more to me than anything is sad, and needs someone.

Oh my god.

My knees fell to the ground my hands resting on the wet gravel feeling my bones crack. The burning in my thirst starts again. Vincent clouding my thoughts and Marshal having to deal with all this hurt.

Simple and true: I had died for a person that I did not love.

Vincent did not love me, yet he turned me. Marshal cared and wanted me to be me; alive, a human, not what he was.

Why?

What I have I done?

How am I going to through life?

What about food, I don't want to eat blood.

How can I go home and look my mother in the face?

How can I cope watching everyone around me die because I don't age anymore?

I don't want this.

I can't take this.

" Danielle! Move there's a car!"