The Midnight Visit

I sit in the seat, my legs strapped to the legs of the chair. I raise my head up looking at my caretaker as he brought the needle to my neck.

" It's okay, Marshal we're almost done with the injections."

My teeth pierce through my lips coming out of my mouth feeling the sharp burning in my neck.

" Shh, calm down, now, Marshal."

His voice is soothing, but I feel the burning pulse through my veins traveling through my body.

" Alex," I hiss through my gritted teeth.

My back arches up from the back of the chair, my nails digging into the wood of the arms of the chair.

My nose flares feeling the pain rush through my body, I fling my head back crying out feeling my teeth enlarge.

" Stop."

* * * * *

" Danielle?"

" Yeah, mom?"

" We should talk about what is happening and what will happen."

" Mom, what do you mean?"

" The boy."

" Yeah?"

" Well, a guy will stick his pe-"

" Mom, stop!"

I look at her in horror, " Never speak of this again."

She crosses her legs and arms, turning her to face me, " I just want you to be safe, hun."

" Mom . . ." I let my voice drift off, " We won't be doing that."

Or will we?

Is that what he had planned?

Not that I'm arguing, I wouldn't dislike the thought of being with him.

" Well, just in case."

" Mom, why do you care?"

" Honestly, I don't want to be a grandma, yet."

I shake my head and get up from my spot on the couch.

" Mom, can I go to my room now?"

" Sure, hun."

I walk away from the older woman to the creaking, green covered stairs. My hands go up to my face. rubbing my tire from my eyes away.

God, that had to be by far the strangest conversation I've had with my mom, and I hope I never have it again.

The chill air of my room blows on my face when I open the door. My feet make my way to my shelf, where my clothes are.

I slowly strip myself down from my school clothes, my arm reaches over to drawer grabbing my nightgown.

I put the nightgown over my head, the air blows on my body sending chills down my spine.

Raising my hands up to my face rubbing my eyes, the nightgowns falls to my thighs.

" Shit!"

I turn around on the heels of my feets seeing a face in my window. My heart stops realizing who it was.

" Marshal . . ."

My voice comes out as a whisper walking to my window. I bend my legs a bit to unlock the window, my bony fingers slowly raise up the window.

My legs shake feeling the cool night air hit my legs, my body shakes not knowing why he was here.

" Danielle."

My window goes up higher, and I see his legs on the tree branch and arms gripping my window ledge.

" Marshal?"

" Can I come in, please?"

I move out of his way, my arms crossed out in front of me looking at him nervously.

" Marshal, what are you doing here?"

It stays silent for a moment, his hands go to my window closing it slowly as he crawls into my fairly small room.

" Danielle . . ."

" Yes?"

His body moves closer me, I seeing a faint blood smudge on his neck. His heat radiates onto me, and I feel my heart beat faster.

" I want you . . . love."