Chapter 28

Ellison Taylor

"This is good." I said to Ian. "Here, open your mouth." I said as I took out the cinnamon donut from the bag. It was warm and fresh and so delicious.

"I don't like cinnamon." He scrunched his nose.

"Oh." I said. I didn't know that and my excitement fell a little.

"But I'll try." He said as he took my hand with the donut and did the mini donut in his mouth.

"Is it good?" I asked.

"It's not bad.." he said and I smiled.

We went to all kind of rides and ate delicious snacks. It was good and for once I felt like a teenager with building feelings for someone. He bought me cotton candy and I shared with him- he seemed to enjoy it when someone shouted. "How about a game, sir?" And we paused. A young guy was working in what seemed like 'hit the cans' booth.

"I like that Penguin plushy." I pointed to the adorable plushy.

"Penguin plushy, it is." He said as he pulled me towards the booth. He made it seemed effortless and easy as he hit all the cans.

"That's a good game, sir." The young guy said. "You're the first today to hit all the cans." He said impressed with Ian. "Which plushy would you like?"

"Which colour would you like?" The guy asked.

"The blue and white one." I said with excitement.

"Thanks." I said to Ian as I hugged the penguin close to me. He smiled and intertwine our hands, again. Halfway through he got a phone call and excused himself. I was standing near the souvenir booth and thought of getting something for us. I was looking at a couple baseball hat and wondered if it was a good idea to buy a couple's thing or pick random. I then decided to just stick with the couple's hat. I always wanted to do something like this with my boyfriend or other half, but Ian and I are not couple. I frowned at that thought. I purchased it anyway.

"Hey.." a guy stood stood in front of me. He was tall, but shorter than Ian. Why am I even comparing him to Ian. His blond hair and too cheery face made me feel a little unease. "I saw you looking at things and was wondering if you came alone?" He questioned. "You want to join my friends and I?" He then pointed to a group of people who was looking at us. They waved at me and I tried not to grimaced.

"I think she's all right." Ian stepped in and I was relieved as I put my hand on his arm. This stranger was intimidating.

"Sorry, I didn't know she has a boyfriend." The blond said raising his hands in surrender as he walked back to his group.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded my head, but didn't leave him.

He moved my hand away from his arm and before I could feel the disappointment, he hugged me tight and kissed the top of my hair. "I wonder how many people hit on you when I was not around?" He sighed. "I don't like the thought of anyone approaching you and asking you out."His tone was clipped and he pulled me away at arm's length and looked me in the eyes. "Did you date anyone after us?" He asked. I shake my head, I was too scared to date anyone after that. Too scarred and embarrassed about things.

"I'm sorry for what I did, it was unacceptable." He started. "Brooke thought you were the best target because of how different you were from the rest." And I took a sharp breath. I don't know if I'm ready for all of this. I was having a good time with him, but it's time for a reality check and we can't keep dragging this.

"Let's go somewhere private?" I suggested. I don't want to cry or scream at him if necessary in front of crowds. We walked towards the field that was lit with fairy lights and other lights. There were fewer people, but I heard there will be fireworks later over here.

"I thought you were beautiful. You were clumsy and it was cute." He smiled a little. "But Brooke made a deal and when I accept challenges, I make it my thing to win. It must have been my pride that wanted to win and how I wish I would have rather lost that game rather than winning." He said with a sad look.

"Was everything a lie, then?" The thoughts haunted me. Did everyone knew what we did, not like we did much.. but the moment we shared. I found it special, I thought it was special.. or it was just me who thought it was?

"Most of the part, but not all." He said. "They don't know about our hanging out spot time." He said. "Or the time I went to your place and you cooked for me."

"You were embarrassed to share this?"

He shake his head, "I felt at that time, to keep it to myself. I enjoyed our time together." He said as he took my hands. "I was wild and stupid then, made awful and hasty decisions. I want to try and be better. I want to ask you if we can do this again." He pleaded.

"You let the whole school laughed at me." I said as I pulled my hands away from him and felt the sudden coldness.

"I didn't know what to do at that time, I honestly had no idea someone was recording us in that room. I promise, I didn't take you to that room for that reason. I thought no one would be there. I think someone was already there." He said.

"I think we should just stick to being strangers." I said, quietly.

"Please." He pleaded again.

"I ran after you, begging for your attention.." I laughed. "And while you and your friends was laughing at this, I couldn't help but wondered why you ignored me or pretended you didn't know me." I whispered. "I had to transfer school because of this reason! I wanted to graduate from that school, I was not strong enough at that time. I couldn't take all of that in." I said moving away. "I'm healing and I'm doing better and now you want to come back? Where were you all this time?"

"You moved away.." he said.

I shake my head. "You didn't even try. Not even when I left that school. You didn't even made an effort to see how I was doing. You didn't even know the power you held in school, but I hope you make better choices and decisions now." I said. "I forgive you." I paused taking a deep breath. "But I don't think we can ever work out. I really enjoyed our time together, today. I think it's best we pretend we don't know each other. It may be difficult now as you are my boss." He shakes his head. "We have to keep things professional and of course I can't ignore you at work, so I hope we just stick to being professional while working and then strangers outside work."

"But.." he started.

"I know." I said. "It may seem unfair, but I don't think I can forget what you did. I definitely don't have harsh feelings for you anymore, but the memories is still there."

And that's when the first firework hit the sky. He looked so helpless and lost with words. I turned to look at the firework display.

"The firework looks beautiful from afar right? But then it's hurting the nature." I paused. "You are the firework here, you look beautiful and everyone wants to please you and wants you and I had the chance to be close to you, but then I had to burn myself to be close to you. Just like the nature..I had to make sacrifices, makes decisions that pleased you and now I want to work on myself."

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book. Please give this chapter a Vote and a share. Thank you for reading this book!