Chapter 39

Ellison Taylor

Mr.Park's mouth dropped opened. Mrs. Zhou looked scared. Ashton was choking and Eleanor looked like she will faint.

"You mean to say.. you are the IAN COLLINS?!? like our boss Ian Collins?" Audrey spoke after sometime.

"Yes." Ian said tilting his head to one side.

"I'm so sorry, Mr. Collins." Mr.Park apologized, he was baffled and I think embarrassed by how he was treating our boss.

"Please don't be, thank you for the warm welcome though." Ian said amused. "I guess Ms.Taylor found it amusing." And all eyes turned towards me. Mrs.Zhou give me a look and I give her an apologetic look.

"I think Mr.Collins had more fun."

"That I did." Ian agreed.

"I apologized for my informality." Mr.Park said.

"Apologies accepted. I would apologize to all of you for not introducing myself earlier." Ian said.

"It's fine." Everyone stammered as they brushed our boss's apologies.

"I can see how hardworking you guys are and I'm happy how you are working as a team." Ian complimented them. "Please carry on the good job."

"Of course." Mr.Park said. "We will try our best."

"Ms.Taylor and I would like to thank you all for your generosity. We would like to excuse ourselves as it is getting late."

"Of course." Ashton said.

"I hope to meet you all again." Ian said. "Have a good night, everyone."

"Have a good night, sir." Everyone said in unison.

I thank everyone quickly and give them apologetics looks before following Ian out to the elevator. All of them followed us and waved goodbye until our elevator's door closed.

"That was new." He said.

"I was surprised they didn't know who you were." I tell him, honestly.

"It was a surprise for me as well." He frowned.

"Anyway, glad you had an amazing interaction." I said with a smile.

"I know." He give me a small smile and looked at his watch.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"10:20." He said.

"We spent quite a lot of times with them."

"We definitely did." He agreed.

"Are we going home?" I asked curiously.

"If you think you are getting away from me that quick-you are wrong. We can go and grab some desserts."

"Sure... like what?"

"Smoothie?" He asked.

"That's fine with me."

"Great! I know a place where we can go."

I handed my car key to Joe, who promised to have my car delivered and stepped inside Ian's Mercedes. The car smelled of mint as soon as I sat down. He made sure I was buckled up then adjusted the heat of the car.. it was not that cold yet. He played soft music in the background, not too loud so we can have conversations.

"If you don't mind me asking... where will you be next week?" He asked.

"My cousins- whom you blatantly scolded on the phone is visiting us."I said.